Template storage

Hi guys,

Just need some suggestions as to how to organise all the existing templates to make it efficient when needed.

Do you keep it in a tube with all the same Make/Model together or have a number system, which is better?

Thanks

You mean like templates for 1/4 windows to retrace by hand for future cars ?

Before using Tint Tek 20/20 , I would use an old school filing folder system for those and empty film tubes for anything larger

You mean like templates for 1/4 windows to retrace by hand for future cars ?

Before using Tint Tek 20/20 , I would use an old school filing folder system for those and empty film tubes for anything larger

Yeah keeping the old template for future use. Is the Tint Tek 20/20 a plotter? How is it? Is it worth getting one?

Thanks

Yes, for sure worth it if your a full time tinter . Many benefits to it. You can tweak the patterns to your liking so it is a computer version of yourself in respects to cutting. Sunstrips will be much faster, vent visors are no longer an issue when cutting, if you do any dealer work of tinting the same car, you can cut out full cars ahead of time .

The one thing that I've mentioned for a while now is that if your a good hand cutter, I now charge more ( as you should be able too) for "handcrafted" rather than machine. If you sell 1 customer a week on that concept because you have both as an option, it will virtually pay for your monthly user fee. Do a search on the forum and learn more, if truly interested , drop me a pm and I can have the owner of TintTek give you a call to answer any questions you might have :DD

^^ ding ding. We offer that service as well. Most customers see that you advertise "precision computer cut" patterns and flock in. They think it's 10x better until educated on the matter. Our dealer cars are pretty much all plotted as it saves a ton of time and 90% of our customers cars. All frameless cars are handcut and some go for the option to upgrade to handcrafted (<---hah I like that wording might steal it).

As for keeping patterns, my question would be how much time would you save? If you have to go look up the pattern or dig through a bunch then you would be able to layout a scrap liner and make a new pattern for that window as quick or probably quicker. If you are using a lighter film then just lay one piece on the window and mark it with a sharpie then cut both....

As for keeping patterns, my question would be how much time would you save? If you have to go look up the pattern or dig through a bunch then you would be able to layout a scrap liner and make a new pattern for that window as quick or probably quicker. If you are using a lighter film then just lay one piece on the window and mark it with a sharpie then cut both....

Yeh I am interested in computer cut if you reckon its better for the long run. Ill do a quick search. Yeah and feel free to get the rep to call me regarding it.

Hey Ryler,

I see what you're saying. It just saves a bit of time since I already have the kit and wont meed to cut it on the car again thats all. Thats why I am asking for suggestions on how to improve my work flow.

Thank you all for the feedback =]

Archived