Mobile tint set up

LOL, LOL, I AM Mobile now, and had a shop before, I guess it depends on what area your in, cause over here I smoke most of the shops, Won top rated awards from Angies list and so on. Most all my custys have a garage just as nice and comfy as a shop, So here the Bottom feeders are the 99$ shops , I charge twice that much and get it all day. On the other side, I will get a shop once I start doing wraps and graphics.

Whats strange , is people love the mobile part so much that I always get a very nice tip on almost every job. Of course a shop with controlled environment is better...for the inexperienced, but I was trained Mobile first, then a shop, and I believe it is good to be experienced in all situations. What if you have to go out to the country barn and do a tractor in a funky barn, with no electric hookup and your not ready for mobile..I will just break out the torch and STAY AHEAD OF THE DIRT WIND ECT. like a weatherman and get it done. If I go to a cumputer cut shop and work , I will really get down, as with a nice shop too. 

I believe that a good tinter should want to know ALL the aspects of the trade.

That is exactly how I was thought to work.  The owner always told me, if you can tint here, you can tint anywhere.  I always made it clear to him that once I learned I was going to jump ship, and he was totally fine.  He now calls me on his busy days to help him out.   There is enough warm bread in the basket for everyone in this trade... you just have to make sure your recipe is one that everyone likes. 

Boomer, your trunk looks like mine.. but wait, why why the helmet?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have a panel that could vote people off the site like Survivor? I.e. the people we know are hacks or give us all a bad rap with their uneducated posts and misinformation??

flea market peel'n'stick weekend shops.<<< this is the reason I stayed out of FLA.... There is a guy on CL FLA that will travel 3 hours to tint your car for $75..........FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My rate Starts @ $75 per hour for travel......

My area is a 25 mile area.  My prices start on sedans $135.

That may be due to the cost of living in FLA. Is it true that it is cheap to live there? If not I'd look elsewhere. 135 OUCH! If your putting out quality work your working too hard for too little my friend.

boomer, anything higher in this area and you will have no clients... too many shops on tents here.  Competition is stiff.  I just drove by a sign that says, $55 with warranty...

$135 on 2 hrs is ok for me for a part time gig.  averaging $60-$63 an hr?

my prices

2 truck windows and strip $85 = 40 mins of work - Full Truck $130 for Single Cab, Ext Cad $170

I charge $20 per window for tint removal & $35 for the rear glass + price of installation. 3-4 hrs

4 door sedans $135

If I don't have a covered garage or car port I do not take the job. I am putting out quality work- I just have a redo of 2 roll ups on a car this Sat - one of the issue is a customer hitting it with the car keys and scratching the film really bad, the other is a corner that came up.

It has been 35 cars since my last re-do job.  I think that's pretty darn good. 

Competition here in Tampa is bad... I think my prices are very fair for me, and help keep the competition honest.   For everyone that tells me that they have someone that can do it for $99, I tell them, I wish you good luck. 

Archived