Mobile tint set up

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I leave all the crappy mobile work to my bottom feeder competition in my area. Ill never do it again now that I have a shop set up. The best quality work is always gonna be the work done in a shop setting that you can keep clean, have your peel boards ect.. . but that's just my opinion because I'm super picky with my work. If your a tinter and not picky about dust and contamination getting in your tint jobs, your in the wrong industry. This is for perfectionists .

Can we have a panel that could vote people off the site like Survivor? I.e. the people we know are hacks or give us all a bad rap with their uneducated posts and misinformation??

Let's be real, nobody here was born with an Olfa knife in your mouth, we all started at the bottom - learning and acquiring the skills. I am no bottom feeder and trust me I am also not a hack. and if anyone must know - I am only doing this to supplement payment for cancer treatment. At least I am not begging for $ or creating an account at fundme.com asking for donations or heck... let me call the SSI administration and let them get be disability benefits, I could like many in our society do... but I am not becoming a dependant of tax payers as long as my legs hold me straigth up. :)

However, I dislike the hack jobs and those flea market peel'n'stick weekend shops.

Tintdude, as far as insurance and taxes, I have that taken care of.

That wasn't directed at you. Or anyone specifically. It was a general inquiry. And if you are not a hack I would think you wouldn't be offended and possibly agree with the idea.

Black wolf... I hit quote by accident, sorry man...

LOL, LOL, I AM Mobile now, and had a shop before, I guess it depends on what area your in, cause over here I smoke most of the shops, Won top rated awards from Angies list and so on. Most all my custys have a garage just as nice and comfy as a shop, So here the Bottom feeders are the 99$ shops , I charge twice that much and get it all day. On the other side, I will get a shop once I start doing wraps and graphics.

Whats strange , is people love the mobile part so much that I always get a very nice tip on almost every job. Of course a shop with controlled environment is better...for the inexperienced, but I was trained Mobile first, then a shop, and I believe it is good to be experienced in all situations. What if you have to go out to the country barn and do a tractor in a funky barn, with no electric hookup and your not ready for mobile..I will just break out the torch and STAY AHEAD OF THE DIRT WIND ECT. like a weatherman and get it done. If I go to a cumputer cut shop and work , I will really get down, as with a nice shop too. 

I believe that a good tinter should want to know ALL the aspects of the trade.

Archived