64 chevelle wagon

Have one of these bad boys coming on saturday. Doing the whole car since it is hardly ever driven on the streets and is fully restored. Custy went ahead and put black frit primer around the windshield and rear quarters for me so I won't have any problems there, but i'm concerned about how to do the back window because it rolls down. Any tips as to how to go about this?

On the old Toyota Hilux Surf we used to open the tailgate, unwind the window fully and put a chair or something to support the glass. Try it laying flat fully closed if you know what I mean? Good Luck and take pics :thumb

On the old Toyota Hilux Surf we used to open the tailgate, unwind the window fully and put a chair or something to support the glass. Try it laying flat fully closed if you know what I mean? Good Luck and take pics :thumb

Ditto. Sometimes you will have to make the door think it's closed by tripping the side latches closed with a screw driver or something to get the window to come out. Maybe not on this model.

I 2nd what TD said. Kind of like old full size Broncos/Blazers. I would open the tailgate, then trick the latches. I'd also leave a trash can under the glass because it was so big & heavy and not designed to be opened like that. Sometimes id have to put a board and a couple towels under the glass to support it adequately.

Archived