Staying cool this summer....

Tint as many cars as you can. Then when you're done go to a bar with a/c and have a cold one. Seriously tho, a/c is the only way. You can try a shop/floor fan but all it will do is recirculate dust which may end up in the tint. There are portable a/c units available too that may work for you. If nothing else a/c your office/waiting room so you can duck in there between jobs or if it gets too hot.

An air conditioned shop is the only real answer.

Depending on the humidity where you are, you may get some relief from a misting fan or swamp cooler.

Those big evaporator fans work well too.

Then to rethink how to keep your jobs free from all the crap that gets blown around from it...

104 decibels, im sure youve heard of her :p

As for those.....

I worked around one of those puppies for several years.

That may have something to do with the constant ringing in my ears now that I'm older...

Maybe I should sue... :spit

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no doubt a/c is the only way to go. i might look into one of those portable units. anybody have one?

I found one on craigslist before. It was brand new, a senior citizen no longer needed it. Anyway it was pretty effective but I only used it for my bedroom. I can't say how effective it would be in a large shop. Do you have a drop ceiling? Also do you have automatic doors or pull chains? When you open your doors a lot, if not all of the a/c will escape.

no doubt a/c is the only way to go. i might look into one of those portable units. anybody have one?

I found one on craigslist before. It was brand new, a senior citizen no longer needed it. Anyway it was pretty effective but I only used it for my bedroom. I can't say how effective it would be in a large shop. Do you have a drop ceiling? Also do you have automatic doors or pull chains? When you open your doors a lot, if not all of the a/c will escape.

No drop ceilings and they are pull chains. I'm more than positive I'm going to fighting a losing battle this summer.

You could try a set of floor fans, just inside the bay door, aimed outward to vent the hot air outside. Then stand in front of them if it gets too hot. Or get some tank tops printed with the business name to wear while working. Wife beaters are very unprofessional. Then put on a reg shirt to talk to custys.

Archived