Sticky Windows

I ran into this same problem tinting a '04 SSR. Took the old tint off and could barley retint it. By far the stickiest windows I've found so far.

I use tint slime. I have to put about 1 1/4 ounces to a gallon. Pretty hot down my way.

ran into this fisrt time this season on a 2010 mazda 3. thought it was the temp or humidity. but that was all fine. i used slime, added more and still wasnt what i wanted. so whipped out the express slip-tack. had better results. i was questioning if there was tint previously installed.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Did a 2006 Evo over the weekend and it had some pretty sticky windows. I'm using J&J with EWF. Tint looked great when I finally got it where I wanted it and laid out. But from inside looking out it was all hazed and... Not really sure how to describe it. Looks like tiny little bubbles all over. But you couldn't see it from the outside in. I explained to the custy that that's what I beleived it to have been from and that it should clear up but that if it didn't to bring it back and I'll strip it and redo it.

Yeah, that's the adhesive from the window film tacking up in a few places where the film was tacking up fast due to the coating on the glass. I've had that several times and told the customer to give it a couple days and see if it dry's out. if it doesn't then give me a call. No call backs yet so I'm assuming it clears out as it dry's..

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Yeah, that's the adhesive from the window film tacking up in a few places where the film was tacking up fast due to the coating on the glass. I've had that several times and told the customer to give it a couple days and see if it dry's out. if it doesn't then give me a call. No call backs yet so I'm assuming it clears out as it dry's..

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had this issue and that it must clear up.

Archived