Is the end of Nano Fusion? Or the Start of a new film?

After having installed the earlier version of Nano to what is being put out now... when are you going to get the quality of the film back from the earlier version? I have installed Nano since it came out. Was a great film and perfectly smooth. The Nano that is coming out now has A LOT of texture to it and tears very easily when removing it from the backing. I have installed 30+ kits on the new Tesla Model Ms and I am very disappointed. If you can get the film back to what it was before the shutdown then great. If not there is no way I can promote that film with the current issues. Just being truthful.

no response from this yet?

Nano-Fit is the first to operate from the cloud. . . so there is no key or CD required to operate. Simply register, download the software and you are good to go. It is a month by month subscription so you can unsubscribe anytime you want.

not to pick you apart but how is it the first to operate from the cloud? Xpels DAP has been operating from an online database for years now.

Also we are spoiled up here in Canada because we only pay a flat rate for DAP not a flat rate + per cut. Albeit its $295 VS $49 but still has more patterns and such available.

Just wondering if there is something different to it.

Thanks

Dustin

Oh REALLY..... So, Jeff, why does Canada not get a per-pattern fee? I have been told for years that the monthly minimum plus the per pattern fee is the only option.

Not that the per pattern is MY deal breaker.. it's the monthly minimum. I would only use the software like 2 times a month, so I'd sign up quickly for ONLY a per pattern fee. But this is off topic, so back to your regularly scheduled Nano-questions.

Guest Nano-Fusion Guy

After having installed the earlier version of Nano to what is being put out now... when are you going to get the quality of the film back from the earlier version? I have installed Nano since it came out. Was a great film and perfectly smooth. The Nano that is coming out now has A LOT of texture to it and tears very easily when removing it from the backing. I have installed 30+ kits on the new Tesla Model Ms and I am very disappointed. If you can get the film back to what it was before the shutdown then great. If not there is no way I can promote that film with the current issues. Just being truthful.

Sorry for the delay in response. I have been out of the office for a few days.

Actually the product construction is the same as always. We did add a slight texture to the film. Our coating penetrates the urethane thus any imperfections in the film would show up on the finished product. Other coatings in the market set on top of the film and hide any imperfections in the film.

Actually the product construction is the same as always. We did add a slight texture to the film. Our coating penetrates the urethane thus any imperfections in the film would show up on the finished product. Other coatings in the market set on top of the film and hide any imperfections in the film.

I am not sure you answered anything for me.

FACT: More than one of us agree that the original run had way less imperfections than the current runs do. All you have stated is it is constructed the same and not addressed our issues.

Funny but if it is constructed the same..... why is it so different? You are going to get nowhere fast telling us it is the same when we can clearly see it is not. Obviously something is different, maybe not the construction but how it is being rolled, liner, cure time, something is not right it is to wavy and textured. And more than one of us see's this.

I am not sure you answered anything for me.

FACT: More than one of us agree that the original run had way less imperfections than the current runs do. All you have stated is it is constructed the same and not addressed our issues.

Funny but if it is constructed the same..... why is it so different? You are going to get nowhere fast telling us it is the same when we can clearly see it is not. Obviously something is different, maybe not the construction but how it is being rolled, liner, cure time, something is not right it is to wavy and textured. And more than one of us see's this.

:yeah

Nano-Fit is the first to operate from the cloud. . . so there is no key or CD required to operate. Simply register, download the software and you are good to go. It is a month by month subscription so you can unsubscribe anytime you want.

not to pick you apart but how is it the first to operate from the cloud? Xpels DAP has been operating from an online database for years now.

Also we are spoiled up here in Canada because we only pay a flat rate for DAP not a flat rate + per cut. Albeit its $295 VS $49 but still has more patterns and such available.

Just wondering if there is something different to it.

Thanks

Dustin

Oh REALLY..... So, Jeff, why does Canada not get a per-pattern fee? I have been told for years that the monthly minimum plus the per pattern fee is the only option.

Not that the per pattern is MY deal breaker.. it's the monthly minimum. I would only use the software like 2 times a month, so I'd sign up quickly for ONLY a per pattern fee. But this is off topic, so back to your regularly scheduled Nano-questions.

Norm,

I should have mentioned, Xpel still bills our supplier up here for the monthly fee+ the cut fees but our distributors eat the cost of the cut fees assuming we buy film from them, they can tell how much cutting we have done VS how much film we bought and as long as that stays in line we pay a flat fee.

Xpel currently offers no Pay per cut or cut code style system. You guys just don't have suppliers in the USA that package it the same way as we do up here.

Why in the world would you ADD texture??? That makes no sense to me at all. Bottom line is the old film was perfectly smooth and didn't tear as easily. So I simply cant promote it as it isn't that good of a film IMHO. I would highly suggest you go back to the original process without adding texture if you want to regain standing in the PPF industry.

I read some tea leaves... As I recall the biggest issue was 60 inch rolls and than the quality went down hill with various grades of film and than availability went to zero with month by month updates. Since Avery Dennision stopped making one of the best films on the market for over a year and lost many loyal customers the strategic plan was to sell off the PPF side of the business. I drank alot of green tea...LOL

Archived