98 Mercedes S600

Guest expertint

Guest expertint

I've got a Merc S600 with airbags in each door and the rubbers are super tight on the doors and the glass is dual paned..I'm not going to take the door panels off or apply felt.Will there scratch going up and down and any problems with seal failure..Help

I'm not sure if that one has a felt or bare bottom flap or not, just use a hard card to hold it back a bit so you can see if it has felt or is bare, if it is bare the film will get scratched up eventually.

Guest Litespeeds

That car is a walk in the park. I don't take the door panels off, I just pry out the rubber door sills that touch the glass by pulling back the door panels from the top. You have to make sure you unscrew the hidden screw behind the ABS emblem on the door panel. Have to be careful not to scratch the door panel while you pull that piece out. Don't even have to tape around the felt. The rear window goes in easily in one piece. I usually do these cars for about $350. Don't need to install felt as it has it already. Only the newer 1999 S-class has the rubber/plastic sills. Don't pass it up. Easy money. Just have to take your time and be careful.

Guest Olfablade

Every S class that I've done since 96 has textured rubbers with no felt. the ealier body E and C class you could just pull back the top of the panel and pull out the rubbers, but no more. they are all like the S class with the door panel hanging on the rubber like the Beetles do.

Joseph, what's the customers name?? :lol

The years before 2000 are cake. Don't even use the key for power. Tint every side window like a quarter window. All surrounded by black frit. Rear window is almost completely flat. Don't go too dark though, the extra heat gain can cause seal fail or even glass break. Easiest car Mercedes ever made for tinting.

Guest expertint

Olfa I gave him your ## I told him it was a little more cause of the labor..I don't know if he'll Call..His name is Stanly..I guess we passed up a good one but we didn't have confidence we made up for it with others,,Thanks everybody for the prompt replies..Olfa I'll keep on reffering you.

Archived