1.5 years...That's pretty darn faded.

This came off a 2012 VW Passat. It was installed Feb 2012 according to the owner. They didn't even notice until they removed their power "T" sticker lmao. Then I pointed out the tops of every door and how dark they were. for now, just re-tinted the rear glass but WOW!!! She couldn't remember the brand of film used. the mil was right as it felt very thick and quality but the adhesive was one I have not smelled yet. Could not put a finger on the manufacturer. Less than 2 years old...sad just sad this type of film can be sold.

kv07.jpg

Yellow/whitish yes. Not much stayed on the glass just the defroster lines. Most of it stuck with the film (steamed it off). The mil was thick like an old version of Global but not stretchy. It felt like a thick trash bag very silky smooth. Never seen this film before or smelled it. Usually I can pinpoint a film by the feel and adhesive smell/color. This was new to me and had me stumped too. Her boyfriend took the car to a shop local to us but didn't know the name of it. No receipts, no shop name, brand nadda. The mystery fading film lol.

Guest darren-uk

this looks familiar to a lot of used vehicles i've seen imported from japan over to england,

where the film will fade clear eventually, cant help you with brand etc but i've seen on many occasions.

Of course, ths turns off folks to getting tint on their car, as they figure it isn not worth the expense of having it put on if it is going to last a short time.

Then, they have the expense of getting the old stuff removed, would be hard as heck to convince a Customer to have their car retinted, as they have seen how 2 yrs or less is all that it will last.

Only thing is if the Dealer puts in writing lifetime guarantee against fading or bubbling, free replacement film and labor.

Of course we know not one dealer would do that !

I know of 3 dealers that do. The ones we tint for. They even get the warranty cards with each tint job filled out by us with the customers name, lot numbers and everything. Using a quality film has rarely come down to a warranty issue. Pay me now once, or pay me later...twice. Saving money on a tint job in the short term will cost you more in the long run. You have to educate the customer first on why our products are superior and why my prices are higher than the guy down the street.

Archived