2008 Toyota Avalon Quarter Panels are a beast*

Guest Tint360247

Guest Tint360247

I'm a newbie and I've been practicing on my vehicle. I've got the driver and passenger side front and door windows down pretty good, I haven't attempted the rear window yet because my bulldozer hasn't come in yet. No fingers, bubbles and my edges are rounded pretty good using the index finger method. But one thing that I've wasted countless hours on and a lot of film on is with the rear quarter panel glass. It's hard as hell to master but it looks so easy that its driving me insane. The biggest issue has been with the two right angles at the top of the rear quarter glass, they are really small in width and the molding around them sticks up pretty high so I can't get a clean cut at all. Then on the inside rubber trim isn't as thick so the cut is usually not as wide as it should be for a perfect fit. Can somebody please spare any tips you have for getting clean cuts on the quarter glass, I know i'm not alone here? FYI, I'm practicing with the Walmart brand film until proficient enough to move up to Global films.

post-36260-0-15590900-1378833777_thumb.jpg

Guest Tint360247

I make patterns for 1/4s from liners or freezer paper.

I literally just read this somewhere on the forum. Thanks I'm stopping by Kroger on the way home I have to master these quarters!

Archived