Tint suggestions

Again spot on TA.

I have just done a brightly lit showroom with a 20vlt auto film (low reflective) which was deemed to have enough vis inward for their needs.

(Glare was again an issue)

You just never know what they are thinking. You have to just work with your custy throughout to get the right result.

Guest Dropdown

I agree, a 40% VLT film with low reflectivity can still allow visibility from the outside, but the right 70% VLT film can perform just as well and possibly even greater IR rejection, and will allow even better visibility, which sounds like is what the golf course is looking for. Is may cost the pro-shop a bit more but they could very well be happier with the end result. I'd put up a sample of a 40% and a 70% with close to equal TSER% and let the customer decide.

Again spot on TA.

I have just done a brightly lit showroom with a 20vlt auto film (low reflective) which was deemed to have enough vis inward for their needs.

You just never know what they are thinking. You have to just work with your custy throughout to get the right result.

What kind of glass was the showroom??

Again spot on TA.

Tinted laminate Roach, facing East (morning sun)about 3m X 3m with T shape shading.... the film had an absorbance figure of about 65% ... Why... is that a problem? haha.

It was 6mm single pane clear float, well within size tolerances and no direct sun on it anyway or shading either, as safe as you get for thermal stress if that's what you mean.

Sorry, as you know though, most tinters are smart asses.

Again spot on TA.

Tinted laminate Roach, facing East (morning sun)about 3m X 3m with T shape shading.... the film had an absorbance figure of about 65% ... Why... is that a problem? haha.

It was 6mm single pane clear float, well within size tolerances and no direct sun on it anyway or shading either, as safe as you get for thermal stress if that's what you mean.

Sorry, as you know though, most tinters are smart asses.

Ha. It's all good... I have no problem with smart asses.. :D I think humor is very lacking in the world we live in...

Archived