The Old Days !

My first car was a '72 Maverick. The tank had to be bone dry to fill it for $5. They still had full service available for an extra $.02 per gallon. The gas lines because of OPEC was right before I started to drive.

The movies cost $2 per ticket and if you had a student ID you received a $.50 discount.

Food did taste better, much better.

Dinosaurs walked the earth, this naked couple in a very nice garden were chatting to a snake about an apple.....

Yeah look how that turned out. lol

I think the cheapest I remember a movie ticket being was $3.50. I remember having to wait in lines before a new movie on opening night... now aways, at least in my area, we have SO many theaters lines aren't an issue anymore. We'd go and get our tickets in the morning... and then return later to start waiting.

Same with ticketmaster for concerts... Get there at like 6am waiting for them to open at 11a.... Gone are those days. Which is ok... but it looses some of the thrill of the whole thing.. Will we get tickets??? Or will they be sold out by the time we get to the window??!?!?

I remember as a kid being able to go to the corner store and you could buy 20 Popsicle Pete popsicles for $1

I remember thinking how outrageous when they bumped them up from 5¢ to 10¢ :lol

When I got my Drivers License in 1986, gas was .69/gallon and a pack of smokes was .75...

That's when I got my license . It was $20 for the "365" is what they called a 1 yr permit but you could go for your real licence right away after it which cost $7

I went from never driving in my life to having my own certified $500car in my own name fully licensed in about 2-3 weeks :lol

Archived