2013 Super Duty with bolt in headrests

NvrLate

I've done many newer Fords ext cabs and 4 doors with huge headrests that become removable if you fold seat up. Not this one. It even had the old style vent windows with the 3 buttons to cut around. Really? 2013 still using the 90s windows?

It was an ext cab with work truck trim, the bottom of the seat would fold up but the seat back was fixed, no evident fasteners, and the headrests were bolted to the rear of the cab apparently. And yes, they were nearly as tall as the glass, plus the center seatbelt upper anchor partially covers the glass too.

I rolled it, folded it and manuvered it in, used a bulldozer and stroke doctor to squeegee it. Turned out good this time, but I have a feeling I will have a few more to do for this company and there's no way it would turn out clean every time.

My question is has anyone figured out how to get them out? It appears the seat back is separate from the bottom, I tugged at the seat back and it moved around some, but appears as if the cushion and cover has to be removed to find the fasteners.

Who has some magic up their sleeve, (besides using magic to slide the film in)

A lot of the fixed back seats in cars have notches on the top the hold it, and bolts on the bottom corners, from my experience. So if you find the two bold on the bottom corners, the seat will drop down and come out. Not sure if trucks are the same, but all the fixed seat cars I have done are like this.

A lot of the fixed back seats in cars have notches on the top the hold it, and bolts on the bottom corners, from my experience. So if you find the two bold on the bottom corners, the seat will drop down and come out. Not sure if trucks are the same, but all the fixed seat cars I have done are like this.

Yeah-I know what you're saying. I figure if the seatback bolts in this way, the seat bottom has to be unbolted from the floor and removed to access whatever holds in the seatback, because there were no fasteners to be found anywhere with the lower seat assy in place.  

If its gonna take this much r&r I just assume risk a possible failed install, because you can ruin 3 or 4 tint tries in the amount of time it would take to do that much r&r. But it would be nice if the seat back could come out nice and easy and access the headrests. Ford wasnt thinking of us on this one!!  :conspiracy

Guest Rockgate

I have learned a lot from this site so its time for me to give back. There are 3 spring clips across the top about 4-1/2" down into the back wall. Kind of like some Chargers without fold down back seats. I will try to add a pic. Pic is too big and its from my phone also I do not know how to lower its size. Good luck!

I have learned a lot from this site so its time for me to give back. There are 3 spring clips across the top about 4-1/2" down into the back wall. Kind of like some Chargers without fold down back seats. I will try to add a pic. Pic is too big and its from my phone also I do not know how to lower its size. Good luck!

I'll take a look-got another one to do in 4 days. I did one today but didn't even look around, just worked it on in. It's really not too bad, just risky to keep from picking up headliner fibers with that much maneuvering.

The same company that sent me one last year when I started this post is getting some more in, and it's the same truck every time. If I learn the quick way to lose the headrests without taking the whole seat out that would be t!ts.

Archived