LLumar CTXi issues

CTX2_zps5df24063.jpg

Look at the side mirror. This is not a camera problem, it's actually the way the new CTXi looks. Blue and hazy. NOT what I expect from LLumar.

CTX1_zps6069dd04.jpg

Doesn't pass the tear test either.

Am I just being picky? I had to redo this car in ATR because the custy complained. Nothing I did wrong, just a problem with the product.

I guess that is what all the people who complained about the tiny bit of interior reflection get.  Yes, the new stuff is a bit hazy, pass it on to Llumar and maybe they will get it figured out.  I really have only seen it noticeable in the 40%, I think the darkness of the lower VLTs help make the haziness less noticeable.

EWF, the tear test basically is a possible warning of future problems. When the tint tears like this in layers, it could be a sign that uv rays will degrade the adhesive between the layers and, over time, cause the bubbling and rippling (underwater) effect. Also could mean a PITA to remove in the future. All three series of LLumar passed the test until this new version of CTX just came out.

Just so everyone knows, I've put this tint on numerous cars already and no one's complained until this one. Also, the car was a Mustang if anyone cares. I'm doing an M3 with it tomorrow so wish me luck. If it still looks like that, I'll post another pic.

To follow up, the M3 I did today looks decent. I can tell that whatever it is that's causing the hazy blue look it being masked by the dye in the darker films. Seems the lighter it is, the more the haze comes out. LLumar will be hearing about it today if I get a chance.

Hrmm All of our CTXi rolls look more green than blue. The OLDER CTX was blue but this new line is for sure green. If I had to say, it looks to be identical to Formula1. Same shrink, (low temp) adhesive, color, tear, feel and everything. I could swap a box of CTXi with Formula1 and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Yeah Bizzar1 it's a completely different look from the older two CTX series. This blue haze can only be seen from the inside. ESPECIALLY when the sun is out. The brighter it is the more it shows. I'm not an expert on the process of making the film, but my understanding is the haze has to do with the particles that make up the film. The finer the particles, the more optically clear the film will be. Therefore it seems to me like they traded a little quality in exchange for quicker build time (Seemed like half the time I ordered the old CTX they were on back order).

Archived