wrapping a 2008 scion TC with 3M matte metallic blue and carbon fiber

Guest Liya Ruth

I've been into vehicle graphics and wraps for around 3 years. I have seen great works and still following new ones. I am not saying that I haven't seen better ones, the last one that caught my eyes were the ones done by Club Ink, Toronto (Chameleon wrap). It's been quite some time that I've noticed something cool (may be cos it's blue :D). You really did a good work, especially the color. It has a really close finish. Keep it up. Looking forward for more of your works.

ooking forward for more of your works.

I'm doing the same thing to my car and just happens to be the same color and everything. But I was wondering where you bought the vinyl and how much of it (size #x#) did you buy to rap the car.

I have the same Scion Tc only a mine is an 09.

Thank you,

Keep in mind you may need more due to overlap. You will have to cut the material off the roll, and sometimes its not always perfect. Let me know if you have any questions. I did look up your car dimentions. It said 6 ft wide x14 ft long. Based on that I'd recommend 50 ft at the minimum. This would give you 28ft for both sides, 12 ft for the front bumper, 5 for the roof, 5 for the hood, and some left over for your trunk.

Your vinyl wastage if you are new to vinyl will be more so always order more than you think you need. You need overhang for stretch and getting 'glass' effect.

One major rookie mistake that a lot of people make is not ensuring that you keep the vinyl pointing the same way consistently when installing. Unless its a solid colour you cant just slap off cuts on in all different directions. Ill use metallic as an example, when the metallic pigments are put on the vinyl it is all in one direction. This means you hold it up one way and the way it reflects the light is different from when you turn it around the other way. So if you lay one panel one way and then lay another differently it can be noticed. Some metallic are worse than others for this.

What this means is you get a lot more wastage this way then when you can just use offcuts on any panel and in any direction, meaning more material needed of course.

Archived