Pattern Programs (window film and ppf), What are your opinions?

Hey guys,

I posted something similar in the PPF forum, but I was hoping to get as much input as possible.

I wanted to get some input from other shops about Paint Protection Film Pattern Software. It seems we can't find one that gives us everything we need. We have used both window tint and ppf programs from Suntek (Trucut) and we are currently using tint and ppf patterns from Tint Tek.

We used Tru Cut when it was first released, and we had A LOT of problems with the tint patterns (too long, too short, light gaps, top edges were choppy) but the paint protection program seemed okay.

Right now with Tint Tek, the PPF patterns are causing me to lose more money than I am making (missing a lot of applications also), and the window tint patterns are decent, but they are missing a lot of newer applications also.

We were considering 3M's program, but they told us that it only goes back to 2012 (some to 2008 depending on model years). We do a majority of new cars, but we get a lot of 2000-2005 stuff also.

What are you guys using, and what are the pros and cons? We are looking for a company with the least amount of fitment issues as possible, and a wide range of years. We currently use 3M and Suntek window films, and 3M Ventureshield Paint Protection.

Thanks!

Archived