jwf renegade vs suntek carbon

I second the color difference between the too.... I am happy with my renegade line....

I thought about trying the rage line.

I bought a couple boxes of Rage on special because it was an awesome price. I only used it one time and will not use it again. It just doesn't compare in quality to the Silhouette and Executive. I could just see this film coming back to haunt me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Rage , renegade and silhouette in stock from JWF , there is a colour difference between rage and renegade, but other than that I found they both seemed the same to install.

Renegade , I'm lead to believe will have better longevity and colour stability.

The two films are different construction. Renegade is still a dyed film while carbon is not made of dye at all. Color stability should be better on the carbon, I just wish Suntek had a better scratch coat.

Are any of you guys having problems with Carbon installed the last 2-4 years? The Carbon we installed in 07 we had a few scratch coat failures after 2-3 years but now that stuff is haunting us with several r and r's a day. The Solar Gaurd we installed from the mid 90's to 04 has held up pretty good. Liked using Carbon but......

Cheers

Stan

I know Suntek film isn't what it was when it first came out. I use to get 5 to 7 years from their 3 yr film. The last few years I used it. I was only getting 2 to 2.5 years tops. Even had a couple fail in less then 2 years. That is why I dropped all their film. Even though I never had any trouble out of their carbon.

Hybrid films have dye in them. What hybrid are you using?

My main film is and always has been JWF Silhouette. It is a great film. My buddy who taught me to tint has been using it for 20+ years and I have been using it for almost 11 years. It will easily last 8-10 years in this Florida heat and I have seen several vehicles that it has lasted longer. I just re tinted a truck that Chris tinted 15 years ago with Silhouette 5%. It needed to be re tinted but was not that bad. It didn't even turn purple in all those years. Just delaminating here and there. My in laws still drive the 1st car I ever tinted and minus a little contamination from being my 1st install, it is in perfect condition almost 11 years later. I have total confidence in this stuff and will probably never change. I have bought other films because they were on special deals and regretted it every single time. I always end up selling to someone else.

Hybrid films have dye in them. What hybrid are you using?

My main film is and always has been JWF Silhouette. It is a great film. My buddy who taught me to tint has been using it for 20+ years and I have been using it for almost 11 years. It will easily last 8-10 years in this Florida heat and I have seen several vehicles that it has lasted longer. I just re tinted a truck that Chris tinted 15 years ago with Silhouette 5%. It needed to be re tinted but was not that bad. It didn't even turn purple in all those years. Just delaminating here and there. My in laws still drive the 1st car I ever tinted and minus a little contamination from being my 1st install, it is in perfect condition almost 11 years later. I have total confidence in this stuff and will probably never change. I have bought other films because they were on special deals and regretted it every single time. I always end up selling to someone else.

How does the Silhouette match up with factory tinted glass?

Archived