jwf renegade vs suntek carbon

I've been using jwf for about a year with no problems, but they just don't offer enough vlt options in the renegade line and I'm not a big fan of their ir film. I tried some suntek carbon and liked it, actually liked the color better, and some of the xp. I'm going to start offering a good,better, best and was just wanting to hear some of you veterans opinions on the two. Thanks in advance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have both in stock, both shrink and install well, Renegade has a much better SR coating and looks more of a true black, Carbon looks black from the outside but a bit more brown/ green to look through and has the better tser of the two.

Carbon , at least here in Aus, is priced way better.

Your choice. :dunno

I have both in stock, both shrink and install well, Renegade has a much better SR coating and looks more of a true black, Carbon looks black from the outside but a bit more brown/ green to look through and has the better tser of the two.

Have you performed your own BTU test for the TSER of Carbon or are you going with their numbers?

I think you may find them closer than you thought on that comparison.

Have you performed your own BTU test for the TSER of Carbon or are you going with their numbers?

I think you may find them closer than you thought on that comparison.

Going by their numbers, manufacturers never enhance their numbers in any way do they? :lol

i just use renegade and marathon, i believe it holds up better thank suntek over about 4-5 years. I find johnson more friendly to install as suntek adhesive is pretty aggressive and the hot temps in aus in summer make it difficult to move the film on the glass (yes i use a lot more slip)

Its the opposite over here, which doesn't make sense being that suntek is local in my area and johnsons isn't.

Archived