Anybody heard of Cool Window Films?

If a film manufacturer is 100% confident in its product and serious about veryifying its performance it will have it rated through the WERS For Film program. Advice from WFAANZ is to be extremely careful when purchasing/recommending products that have not been independentally tested through WERS. For a list of these manufacturers and tables showing all results please refer to www.wfaanz.org.au/WERS.

I have seen some figures of some films that are WER tested and also by WER approved installers that were pretty impressive in fact blew my suppliers TSER out of the water by 12% for a silver 20, unsure what the WER test results were for it but what its advetised to reject seemed not possible for that film type

Im confident with my suppliers test figures they are realistic and not crazy and 99.5% of my customers are happy with their film choices performance

I stick with the film i know, from time to time i will try other films but i will also research them in depth to make sure theres no known problems, if its a new film company then chances are its reboxed or made from another manny for them and id be wary of its longetivity,

I definitely see the sense in sticking to what you know Mates, what's tried and tested and what works for you and your clients. WERS just offers you another level of protection in regards to performance verification. Independent testing, not done by a company trying to sell film but by a testing laboratory operating under strict government guidelines, gives you and by default your customer a unique type of assurance. Plus the ability to accurately compare products from different manufacturers, which is near impossible otherwise as they all report differently. The gap between advertised performance and actual performance can be pretty wide, and you don't want to get stuck in that gap.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on RockyDaz. Just this year the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) updated its database to include NFRC-rated window film attachment systems. Listings include all approved film series/models numbers, CPD numbers, film tint and film location. Users can find the listings by completing a film attachment search. There is a definite synnergy between the two rating programs, and still we maintain that Aussie installers should first and foremost seek out films that have been independently tested for this market, which is WERS For Film.

OK , I do see your point AFS, and understand you're commitment to the WERS program, but can you explain how the NFRC testing results wouldn't constitute testing by an independent body?

I don't dispute NFRC ratings are 100% independent RockyDaz. Manufacturers and wholesalers with a serious commitment to this market have their films tested here through WERS For Film, that's all.

Okay, rumour about this is.... And just a rumour, it is sunteks B Grade film. Looks kinda funny though, a bronze reflective for auto I'm unaware of..... Didn't think that was right? Also, prices start from $80 a roll..... Please, nobody even think of buying this film. You will just lose $80 that's is all.

I also saw I think I remember on the spec chart an auto film with a TSER higher than any Fg film I've seen..... Obviously a lie but also at such little prices..... Lifetime warranty though? :thumb

Bloody nexfil. I had the pleasure of dealing with a "branch manager" who couldn't speak a word of English and knew all the right words to say but could not answer a single question. I met him while he was tryin to sell to a potential customer who doesn't tint but wanted to do something with tinting. I was supposed to be doing his limos.... Lost about $2000 for the one day, and ongoing work. But it felt good when he said he'd write his email on his card but instead snatched it from me and denied he had any film an left.....

Good on ya nexfil, coolfilm, whoever u r

Guest Alltintsydney

Cool window films is Nexfil USA I have been using this film for last 6 months its a great film great black colour shrinks very fast sticks well anyone used Nexfil USA

Archived