Hack Pick of the Day/Week /Year

Ok Dudes and Dudettes Post them up we know you have them.

Anything tint related that shows of your local hacks "best " work

In today's episode :

Hack mans security film install had little water filled bubbles the client deemed not artsy enough meant a re/re for us.

Pictured is one of many with the same issue. Yes that's a 1/2" grid on the cutting mat

Thanks Mr Hack that worked out great :thumb 

There is something very satisfying  about a re re and a client that knows what is acceptable.

Client was so sorry he went with the low price that he got to pay more to make it go away.

Looks like we now have another client willing to pay more to get the results he expects. :thumb :thumb :thumb

20131218_155302_zps74b727a8.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We see it all the time Fox. Just today ( about a hour ago) I was leaving my bank and across the street is a national chain store that has some, what looks like Silver 35. ... From across the street I can see dirt, creases and crushed corners. What I'm always amazed at is that the installers have no spence of pride in their work. And the customer does not realize that the install is sub par.

With everyone's help we can educate through this very thread and show people what is not included in the IWFA standard!

I see stuff often enough that I fantasize about stabbing someone repeatedly with the flat side of a round squeegee in the face to try and jump start their brain cells.

Where is a good plunger in the face gif when you need one.

The pattern of those bubbles reminds me of something seen before; isn't there a Nascar driver named for it?

The only Nascar driver I know is Danica. And only because of her great headlights... On the car of course

pardon my lack of flat glass knowledge,  but what would of caused the film to do that?  Also would that of been a dry adhesive film?

The issue isn't the film. Its the lack of effort ,caring ,or skill of the installer.

All those white shapes are the areas the slip collected and kept the film away from the glass. Yes they were still full of slip when our installer yanked it.

I haven't heard yet how long the film was up.

As the slip evaporates from the blister it can leave rings as the adhesive that has been sitting in the blister dries.

On some films you would have to look for a bit to find them. On others like this one its very easy to see the white rings against almost any background.

My guess on this one is someone just blasted through the install grabbed a cheque and took off.

With Security film you HAVE to put in the effort to get the slip out.

Archived