What is the next step

Been thinking about the future. And where I would like to head. Just curious, all of you solo installers, what are you long term plans to secure a decent future? I don't think any of us want to be 70 and climbing in and out of vehicles. We all know the success rate of hiring an employee and training them without them becoming the competition. I'd like to hear some other ideas.

I along the way had a back up plan and am a Specialized Kinesiologist Teacher/practitioner, Reflexologist and have my fitness / nutrition diploma. I never had to fall on it so now I probably won't need it before full retirement but it was a security knowing I had/have it :thumb

Get into estimating for tendered projects!

Way back when I was 40 I mentioned in a review that I didn't want to be 50 + doing the ladders etc Please keep me and my skill set in mind when an opportunity comes up.

3 years ago our shop was in a spot and needed another  estimator to keep up with demand.I was asked to jump in. My install time and film knowledge are a very good fit.

A year ago we added another estimator. 6 mos ago yet another.

2 of us have years of install experience and the other came to us from the glass industry.

With 2 experienced installers on the estimating team we really do know how long a project should take and the shop has the added comfort that when the $H!P hits the fan there are backups!

Archived