Vinyl wrap over rear slider on a truck?

I do not wrap vinyl, I am only a tinter, but I was looking at purchasing a new truck and using it as a billboard somewhat..  It's an F150 but has the 3 pc rear window with the slider, I was curious if that can be wrapped and if the black moldings will be covered or you have to cut around them?

Thanks I appreciate it!

On the glass properly installed  Perf Vinyl with overlam to protect it would last a fair amount of time if the slider is not opened often .Painted plastic would prob be ok to wrap too . Any film on rubber or other gasket material would fail in a short time.

Be sure and read and understand  the documentation about any given mannys installation recommendations and expected longevity before you put down any cash.

You don't want to be expecting 10 years out of a material that will only last 3 .

If you aren't doing the work in house make sure you see some new and older examples of their work if you are not comfortable doing it.

Keeping it clean is important. Don't use the belt sander carwash to save time. The power spray and the revolving parts will find the weak spots in your wrap in a hurry :trustme You will want to just use a hose and hand wash the vehicle.

If you aren't a detailer here are some good cleaning tips  This type of cleaning should help your wrap last a long time.

Wax per the mannys recommendations

Before we got into printing and  wrapping and hired competent installers we had a couple of vans done. Wasn't pretty. No primer was used and he didn't seal the edges of the perf at all. For some reason we never had a use for that guys services again.

interesting article and super sick R8!!  I wish I had that much time to spend washing my cars but that's not the case.   I do use a leaf blower though!

So you say a vinyl wrap can have the appearance of one piece over all the rubber etc?  If using the right product anyways?

interesting article and super sick R8!!  I wish I had that much time to spend washing my cars but that's not the case.   I do use a leaf blower though!

So you say a vinyl wrap can have the appearance of one piece over all the rubber etc?  If using the right product anyways?

No.Hence the please read and understand note. :lol:poke

Film installed on rubber or other gasket material will fail in a relatively short time. A competent installer will cover the painted areas and certain plastic parts with the wrap. The glass can also be done in perforated vinyl.

You may want to see an example of the same model vehicle done by your chosen shop. This will help when selecting artwork too.

You have no doubt seen an HHR

Have a look at the sides of this one. You can see some areas were not filmed due to the above concerns. Other areas like the door handles and the "beauty " bar on the tailgate being plastic were wrapped.

You can also see in the design how it was set up to fit the shape of the HHR

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150109509686593&set=a.10150109509176593.272188.94494841592&type=3&theater

Wow pretty sweet Fox!!!  Your work??  I just liked the Titan facebook page... I understand, keep all vinyl off of rubber!  Who knows, I gotta buy that truck I been talking about first... I just kind of want 1 pc of glass for the rear window for a cleaner look of a graphic.  thanks for the lengthy explanation and pics too!

Wrapping a vehicle  involves heating,stretching,shrinking to form the film to the sometimes complex contours of a vehicle.

With the advent of knifeless tape and newer techniques for "hidden" seams it can be very hard to find where the harder to form areas were.

I don't do it but when you see a pro knock out a complex printed design with areas like the "pinstripe" area on the bumper of that HHR you have to give them props.

Have a look at this "easy" wrap for differences

%2710_Chevrolet_HHR_ConnectPro_Future_Sh

Archived