Enerlogic recall

I am not sure if this has affected other countries, but Eastman have recalled all Enerlogic film from Aus, and new stock is not expected to arrive until as late as April. I am not sure what has prompted the recall, but seeing as it is such a technical product to produce, I can understand that issues will arise.

The only lowE film in Aus that allows a glazing unit to reach heritage retrofit requirements now is the EcoLux 70 from SolarGard...

And it just happens that they have just received stock and it is beginning to roll out the door. It out performs the Enerlogic 70 on a number of levels, and is far easier to install and costs less. The best thing is that you don't need to be told how to tint windows by some sales knob to buy it and install it.

If I can cross the T's and dot the i's... Glass Tinting Supplies will be distributing the EcoLux 70 and all other SolarGard LowE products Australia wide from February :boogie

Just to clear that up.. Yes, a film that out performs the Ener, sold online in pre-cut, for less than the Ener, to any and all professional independents without the run down and BS you get from MEP. And the sales of those products will finance local work for independents :dteeth

For me, it is a big step from being told I can not buy the Enerlogic because it was "only being sold to those who have looked after MEP", to being an Australia wide distributor of the EcoLux... I don't want to tell MEP to suck eggs... So I won't.

Is MEP still tarting that tish line "you have to be an exclusive tinter".

No wonder they continue to lose supporter base with that frogtish?

Vengeance is sweet GTS and every day you continue to be motivated to chip away at them....no wonder you hate them above all else!

Really? Guess you just gotta charge accordingly. Didn't know about the sizes to be honest. Assumed its a film you couldn't really split too. What do I do for bigger windows..... Choose which side is gonna have that line I guess..... Good point. I've been trying to learn all I can about this film lately, that's a thing I never thought to take in consideration

Really? Guess you just gotta charge accordingly. Didn't know about the sizes to be honest. Assumed its a film you couldn't really split too. What do I do for bigger windows..... Choose which side is gonna have that line I guess..... Good point. I've been trying to learn all I can about this film lately, that's a thing I never thought to take in consideration, thanks

Nah man.

You'll get charged for the nearest roll size.

800mm window you need to pay for a 1220 width.

What do you do if you have glass that's 1500+ wide?

That's it GT.

It's a shame that it doesn't come in larger roll sizes. I am guessing that SG trim 1" off either side of the roll to take off any imperfections on the edges.. Just a guess.

The big down side is that the rolls can not be split down as it will cause edge failure and discoloration. It would be great to split the rolls down and offer many different sizes. It is way too expensive to waste.

Hopefully the EcoLux 70 can be expanded on, and darker VLT's produced, as well as larger roll sizes, but sputtered gold is too expensive to experiment on, even for the biggest manny's. For Eastman having to recall so much film will come at huge cost.

Another down side is the film needs to be pre cut, rolled and packed carefully. I have a few solutions for that, and the opportunity comes, we have the best man for the job.. No doubt.

Hopefully a solution can be found for splitting the rolls down safely in the near future.

I don't hate MEP Dev, they are just a company set in the ways.. I think they are the wrong ways.. I just want to right some wrongs and I believe things could be better.

BTW.. Happy new year! Should be a beauty..

Now that I no longer work for a lulu/vista rep (changed careers) I can honestly say my "opinion" without warnings and shuns from the higher ups. I ABSOLUTELY cannot STAND Enerlogic films. Hate hate hate it! You fart near it wrong and you kill it. Squeegee it wrong and you kill it. Squeegee, squeegee, more squeegee oh wait not done yet make another pass. Thats it time to break out thor! Then the coating flakes off for no reason on a full day install. Oh yay strip n redo. Yes I went through training, yes I am certified but if I had it my way at the old shop it wouldn't even be an option in the inventory. Ahhh I feel better now.

Archived