Exited for this

alright, so part of my job here now is to do sales calls and go and get work and everything like that. I've only been laying film for a year now and I'm exited for this. I get a piece of commission for every resi and com job I do which is sweet. I get a little more if I get the job myself. just wondering what you guys look for when searching for residential and commercial jobs. I've looked it up on here and seems like most people lean towards high end houses. I've got a good idea on what to do to get those kind of jobs but manly wondering about doing hotels and bigger projects. I cant seem to shake this from my head I really want to do this one hotel in town here and wondering on everyone's opinion on hotels if its worth it or not. I"d be pumped to have my name on that building. I have access to helpers if I heed it from our other shops. from what I've been told every other installer hasn't made it through a year here yet. but anyways how does everyone go about getting jobs. not looking for your secrets but just a little help

Your enthusiasm is to be commended! Like many sales jobs, it can be exciting. I'm always driving past comm and resi building/areas thinking how awesome it would be to be able to film and have them in my portfolio.

I've done cold calling.. Stopping in at places and talking to them about film... Gotten jobs like that.. Many 'yeah that sounds good' and ends there... Etc.

I'm almost at the point of just selling and not installing anymore.. But I enjoy both. :)

excited yea that word...oops :D

this is going to be an interesting year. can't wait to say "yeah I sold that and installed that. it's all mine". just waiting on some finishing changes here then it time to make that $$ and get my name out there instead of people coming to me and asking "oh, how is so and so and how's their work" and "well your more expensive"

I love doing this. everyone told me that the first year was the hardest, and well they were right. I've noticed in these past couple months my quality is going up and speed is increasing. just cant get enough of this lol

I went to McDonalds for lunch today and sitting at the table there was a sticker of a hockey rink filled with bubbles and it drove me nuts. I sat there poking at the bubbles with my keys to get the air bubbles out and well, that one table looks great now :thumb

I recommend joining a business networking group in your area. Establish relationships within the group and ask the members for introductions to strategic partners such as glass companies, contractors, HVAC companies, energy auditing companies, etc. A warm introduction is always better than cold calling. Check out http://www.bni.com/ to find a chapter near you. 

Archived