6 years of installing Wincos update

When I was installing auto film (no new retail as of Aug 2012), I used Wincos as an upsell bc of the low vlt and heat rejection.  I can finally post my own longevity review!

I have this film on all of my vehicles...98 Volvo S70, 07 Escape, and 97 F150 (two fronts).

On the Volvo, installed in mid 08, the film is starting to show a bit of adhesive failure by way of waves in the film on the back window and slightly on the side windows.  This car was originally kept in a garage when we purchased it in 08, but since late 2010, it has been outside.  Still looks clear, but will need replacing by this summer.  Film is not by any means terrible looking.  Wincos 30 all around.

The Escape was filmed with Wincos in mid to late 2009.  Since the car was purchased, it has been garage kept.  More noticeable on the passenger side front door, the film is starting to get wavy.  I can't see it on the back doors done in 20%.  I was told there was a bad run of the film about the time I installed the Wincos.  I noticed the wavy-ness of the film about 8 months ago.  Strangely, the driver side isn't nearly as bad as the passenger side.  The back window still has Madico Charcool 5 on it, but we have perforated vinyl applied displaying our name and phone number, so I never replaced the back window with Wincos.  The 5% has been there since the purchase of the vehicle in May of 07.  The film actually looks a little worse than the film on the Volvo.  Front windows are Wincos 30 and the back doors and back side windows are Wincos 20.

The F-150 two front windows was done with Wincos 30 in April of 2010.  This truck has been outside ever since I bought it in April 2010.  I haven't noticed any change in the film whatsoever, but will continue to monitor it.

It is very difficult to post pictures of the film on the vehicles with the issues.  When I replace the film, I will post again about the difficulty of removal.  As someone who has been in the auto tinting industry for 13 years, I am not going to complain about the longevity of the film.  I live in Houston, TX, and during the summer, we have high heat and humidity.  I am a little upset about the failure on the Escape bc it is kept in the garage, but Ive always said if a film lasts 5 years, its a good film (and yes, I know the Escape installation isn't 5 years yet).  I will replace again with Wincos for all vehicles.

With that, I believe the film is a good film in terms of performance and longevity.  If it was installed in Florida, longevity would prob be worse.  North of me, the film may last an additional year or two.

I saw a truck I tinted 6 years ago in some Suntek standard and it still looked awesome, but this truck is garage keep and not driving very often. Proof that uv rays really play a big part in the death of window film. Good bad or otherwise the sun will kill any fiilm left in the suns rays in 5 to 7 years.

Archived