Body Corporate Work

hmmm. questions a bit vague All Shades, what was the limited access, didn't they allow you to view the entire project and measure every pane?

If that is it then yes, you are more than likely about to get boned.

Give a few more details about what your concerns are.

The Body Corps i've dealt with have all been very particular about what they want and want every t crossed and i dotted. Which suits me fine, get it all detailed in writing and signed off and there is no probs generally.

yeah exactly Rocky apparently i am the only one who has come to quote, 

they want all of the glass balconies frosted. i went expecting to have someone to meet and alas no one was there and the woman at the body corp couldn't get a tenant to help give me access.

i have requested them to organize someone so i can come out again and get a exact measurement.

its a rather large job they want just over 50sqm, i thought they would be a little more organized then that. 

i can see why it seems sketchy i did a search on "Simply Better Services Australia" the company this woman is with,

Simply Better Services ( SBS ) commenced operations in 1973 for providing Manpower for unskilled services to Corporate and Industrial Sector.

Gradually the Company diversified into other Office facility services like Housekeeping, Security, Office and Building Maintenance Services, HR Recruitment & Outsourcing etc.

they must work for the body corp?????

http://www.sbshaustralia.com.au/

Haven't come across SBS before, but that is not unusual to have a building maintenance provider to organise such things as window tinting.

Sounds like your biggest issue is going to be getting access to all areas to complete the work.

Plan on many trips to and from and frustrations when you cant get access.

Quote accordingly or walk away if you can't iron out the details, or at the least, put in some clause about surcharges for wasted time etc.

Who is paying you and how long will you have to wait for your money is also a consideration.

The thing I've found out about body corp work is that you get a mix of old retired fuddy duddies that think nothing better than to waste an owner's time and have no idea they are doing it.

It's an outing for geriatrics and the quoting process is like pulling teeth....painful.

Caught once, never again being the entertainment for the afternoon.

Devil

The thing I've found out about body corp work is that you get a mix of old retired fuddy duddies that think nothing better than to waste an owner's time and have no idea they are doing it.

It's an outing for geriatrics and the quoting process is like pulling teeth....painful.

Caught once, never again being the entertainment for the afternoon.

Devil

I agree with Dev.

When you deal with a body corporate, you can be dealing with the issues of 100+ tenants and each have a different idea of what they want.

I would do the following... If you are unable to get correct measurements. Price the whole job at a very high sqm rate.. Give them the quote with the condition that 50% of payment must be made as a deposit to commence work.. Clearly outline that "if" access is not granted on the day of installation, you will charge a fee for having to return to the site of $xx for each day.

If you outline these things in your written quote (PDF), then once they accept the quote, they are also legally accepting the terms there for.

So, worst case scenario, your costs are completely covered.. This is on each and every quote I do where the total cost exceeds 5K. It has never failed.

Archived