commercial job with fuzzy gaskets

I have a small commercial job coming up and the windows have the fuzzy gaskets instead of rubber and I was wondering how you guys deal with them. Pulling the stops is not an option because of the way they were trimmed out. Thanks in advance

I have a small commercial job coming up and the windows have the fuzzy gaskets instead of rubber and I was wondering how you guys deal with them. Pulling the stops is not an option because of the way they were trimmed out. Thanks in advance

Did you do the job yet? if not , I save some liners from past jobs and would use this approach: Spray the adjacent windows and lay a liner on it with a 1-1 1/2 inch overlap. Then tuck the overlapping liner under the felt on both sides. You should use spacers to get a perfect cut just 1/8 " larger than the opening and you can tuck the one edge under the "liner" side. And that is depending on how tight the felt is. If you are going to tape ,I would go ahead and tape everything before you start to avoid moisture on anything. 

Archived