charger defrost problems ? customers upset

the customer left the car with me ,,,didn't pay said they had to talk to a family member (mom) before they decided what to do or how they would handle it .... i know its nothing i did to cause the damage to the defrost and the problem is on the manufacturing side ,( they simply make things cheap these days ) that being said , i didn't originally tint the car , customer brought me the car to repair cheap tint that they had installed on the car when it was purchased from dealer . although it is unlikely that the original installer did anything to damage the lines ,i wasn't there when the window was prepped for tint . if it would of been my film that i installed and had to redo , i would gladly pay for the glass i don't feel the customer should play the blame game when i was hired to clean up a mess and redo a poor tint job the whole ordeal is frustrating . any other shop i know in the area would of sent the customer on their way and they would of never known there was any damage to the glass for the next 6 months then they would have acted clueless ,,,,just hate doing the right thing and making the customer aware of the issue and having them think i was the cause of the damage .

Ok, so you r&r someone else's work that used cheap film that the dealer had installed previously? Being that the car is an 08 and already had film on it, you should not be responsible for fixing it. My 2 cents, the dealer should be responsible for replacing that window. I had a customer purchase a brand new GT500 that he wanted tinted in 30%. I did it, and it wasn't as dark as he thought it was going to be, and wanted it darker. I stripped the film after it being on the car for approximately 3 days or so in the winter time and the defrost lines came with the film using steam. Long story short, custo to car back to dealer told them what happened and the dealer replaced the window.

the customer left the car with me ,,,didn't pay said they had to talk to a family member (mom) before they decided what to do or how they would handle it .... i know its nothing i did to cause the damage to the defrost and the problem is on the manufacturing side ,( they simply make things cheap these days ) that being said , i didn't originally tint the car , customer brought me the car to repair cheap tint that they had installed on the car when it was purchased from dealer . although it is unlikely that the original installer did anything to damage the lines ,i wasn't there when the window was prepped for tint . if it would of been my film that i installed and had to redo , i would gladly pay for the glass i don't feel the customer should play the blame game when i was hired to clean up a mess and redo a poor tint job the whole ordeal is frustrating . any other shop i know in the area would of sent the customer on their way and they would of never known there was any damage to the glass for the next 6 months then they would have acted clueless ,,,,just hate doing the right thing and making the customer aware of the issue and having them think i was the cause of the damage .

You are doing the right thing by informing your custy something is wrong with the defrost. When I remove film from a bk window I tell the custy we are not responsible for defroster damage as we will try our best skills to remove the film  but there is a chance that the film will remove the defroster lines as well and if it does we will show you your old film with the defrost lines  on it. It's the nature of the beast! I hope they don't try to hold you responsible for something that you can't control. It happened to me yesterday on a 87 hatchback Mustang while using the steamer. Thank god the custy understood my rant about removing old film.

I believe that "doing the right thing" has always paid off in the long run for me, especially MY conscience. That being also the fact that you know it was not your doings that the defrost came off. Did you save the film that had the element lines on it? and if so that is obviously up to the dealer to make good on it! Feel good about being honest!!!

Archived