charger defrost problems ? customers upset

i just bagged and removed film from an 08 charger , film came off easy but defrost lines came with it ,,,does this particular vehicle have any issues with the lines ,,,in my 20 years of tinting this has never happened to me . ive heard of it happening but i guess ive been lucky till now . anyways ,,just seeing if anyone else has had this happen on this particular car .....thank you in advance for your response 

Someone already alluded to the issue (owner); Fiat/Chrysler or more so the company contracted to produce their automotive glass.

The lines are fired to the glass surface at the same time as the black ceramic border coating; you can liken it to building pottery, firing it and glaze paint the outside and having to fire the glazing so it'll stick to the hardened clay. If anything is amiss during the firing process the glaze on pottery will flake or fall away; so goes it for the defrost lines fired to auto glass surfaces.

Not the films bond that causes removal of those lines it was poor quality firing of the metallic paint/glaze producing a weak bond that's the culprit. No question about where the weakness is given countless millions upon millions of back glass gets tinted and eventually removed without the lines coming away. So, it is truly a one in a million fluke when it happens.

Car owner should take it to the dealer, explain the above and request a new glass be put in.

Archived