sh***y people/customers

Isn't funny how you can have thousands of good transactions with people a year and there will always be one person out of those thousands that makes you wish you never even got in to this business, not to mention makes you consider getting out?  I'm sure it will be a while before I deal with someone like this again, but damnit if it doesn't make you want to say f**k it, welfare doesn't seem like such a bad gig after all.

I've just found out that a good country tinter friend of mine has finally sold his auto side of the business after 14 years.

The game was doing his head in and if he hadn't made the change to get out of auto with nit picky customers who look for that one speck, he would have walked away entirely and shut the door.

Does he love FG even if he may only have 2-3 jobs a week? You bet!

Casualty of the auto film's dark side.

Devil

Last November I had a customer come in with a Porsche 928. He wanted 3M colorstable all the way and crystalline on the windshield. I had a couple of r/s that day so the other 2 tinters did the job. While I'm in the office programming my units I look at the camera monitor and notice this guy rearranging the seating in the waiting room so he can be facing the window that looks out in the bay. I quickly got up and told the guy he wasn't allowed to rearrange the seating due to the already small waiting area, that's already setup to maximize the space. He immediately catches an attitude, "well I want to be able to see my car during the whole process". I told him your more than welcome to look through the window, just not allowed to move furniture to do so. He then says well I'll just stand in the bay while they are doing it then, I said no sir my insurance will not allow it. I walk out into the bay gave my guys a heads up on the type of customer we were dealing with. Well I'm standing on the passenger side watching them prep the windshield to install the crystalline, my guy takes his hardcard and sticks it in the bottom of the window to see how much room he has to work with and the damn windshield cracks on the passenger side. If I wasn't standing there to see it, I wouldn't have believed it. Boss agreed to pay for replacement windshield, and unknown to us tint the new one aswell. Boss ends up charging the installer for the windshield replacement, so when the guy shows back up to have it done, no one wants to look at this car let alone touch it. So I get stuck with tinting this windshield, I tried refusing to do it using the fact that we had several cars to do during that time, but it didn't work, my other tinter shrunk it and I put it in. The jackass shrank it on the wrong side leaving a million hardcard scratches all over the film that was noticeable once outside. As I'm trying to decide to redo this window or just refund the money for it and send him down the road, he comes and sit in the car to have a look and starts yelling and cursing. In his words we were a bunch of young dumb idiots who were unable to do our jobs. Demanded we fix it today but it had to be done in the next 30 mins because he had to be at work. I told him I will remove the film refund his money as I couldn't meet that time frame, out came the racial slures! My asshole mode kicks in and I let this guy have it, at the end of it all I was accused of being unprofessional by the secretary(owners sister) yet no one wanted to deal with this customer after he paid his money.

Archived