sh***y people/customers

Isn't funny how you can have thousands of good transactions with people a year and there will always be one person out of those thousands that makes you wish you never even got in to this business, not to mention makes you consider getting out?  I'm sure it will be a while before I deal with someone like this again, but damnit if it doesn't make you want to say fuck it, welfare doesn't seem like such a bad gig after all.

Sometimes you can smell these people coming a mile off, twice now in 20 or so years in this industry, I have refused service as nicely as I could because I just smelled trouble all over them.

I always have a policy but, to just remove all the film, refund their money and send them on their way before they ruin my day. Hardly ever have to pull out this option fortunately.

Feels good to vent though doesn't it  The ///Man.

Just had an azz that I had to paint his car says I ruined his paint job. do to scratches. Before I started the job He tells me the car wash scratched his car up. that is making them pay for a new paint job. then go to the gm at the dealership and tell them that I scratch the car all up. $800 dollars later.then wants me to fix one window that roll down the next day and ruin the film. oh yeah and he stood me up its first appointment. didn't show up for 4 hours and then wanted me to back. should I listen to that voice in my head that could run before I even started on that car. have you ever have that feeling just use that intuition. I wish I would have.

Just had an azz that I had to paint his car says I ruined his paint job. do to scratches. Before I started the job He tells me the car wash scratched his car up. that is making them pay for a new paint job. then go to the gm at the dealership and tell them that I scratch the car all up. $800 dollars later.then wants me to fix one window that roll down the next day and ruin the film. oh yeah and he stood me up its first appointment. didn't show up for 4 hours and then wanted me to back. should I listen to that voice in my head that could run before I even started on that car. have you ever have that feeling just use that intuition. I wish I would have.

Hey SBB,

I hear ya.. I think of myself like a dear staring mindlessly into the headlights of an oncoming car.. I know it's coming.. But I just don't get out of the way..

There has been quite a few occasions where I have cut my losses and walked away..

Never forget.. You can keep some of the people happy some of the time... But you can never keep all of the people happy all of the time...

Over time you learn to weed out the people who will never be happy.

As you know, Instinct is a by product of experience.

Cheers

I swear I can sense when someone will no show on an appointment. If they sound rude or short with me on the phone they usually don't show. I actually had this guy no show when I confirmed the previous day and explained that Saturday is a busy day, so I need to confirm....next day he doesn't answered the door. I left the guy a note on his car saying that its not cool to no show, especially when you confirmed the appointment. From now on if I sense a no show, I call before I even leave.

these kind of things are how you learn lessons over the years-after over 15 years in this biz and another 10 in another, i have learned many

1) NEVER PAY FOR DAMAGE YOU DIDN'T DO!  i paid once years ago for a seat that was ripped when it came in and i was blamed for it.  that was a first and last

2) WALK AWAY IF YOU SMELL TROUBLE.  i walk away from the people who expect perfection.  when i say perfection, i mean they are the type that will walk around the car and try to find a small piece of dust to complain about, never mind the dot matrix that may not be 100%.

3) DON'T FIX WHAT YOU FEEL IS UP TO STANDARDS.  someone comes in and they are not happy with something that you know is acceptable.  i'm not wasting my time with bs like this. 

now i have a ton of time in and i have a great customer base.  i was the first tinter in my area and i have grown each year even though a few have entered the area.

that being said-i look at business like this:  i want to deal with people who appreciate a good job and who are not going to be a pain in my butt.  the few(and there are just a few) people who don't have anything else better to do than complain and try to find something wrong are not the people who i want to work for.  they can take their business somewhere else and they can take their friends with them.  let someone else put up with them because they are not wanted here.

if you have a great reputation and a couple jerks want to badmouth you-you will still keep the customers that you have treated well and you will gain more over the years

just my .02 but it just may help someone-i know it has for me

About a year ago I had a guy walk in and ask me 2 questions. First one was "What kind of film do you sell" and the second one was "How much do you charge". I told him the brand that we carry and also told him that in comes in 3 different types. So I could try directing him in the right path on which film to choose for his car, I asked him why he wanted it. He then then flipped out on me :tantrum  telling me that he didn't want to hear a bunch of sales BS that he has had cars tinted in the past (not by us) that he just wanted some window tint. I kindly told him that since he came across the way he did, I was not interested in tinting his car. He walked out the door cussing and I went back to work. About a week later, I found out that the azzhole posted a negative review on one of the telephone companies website claiming that I was un-professional and rude.

Archived