2002 Firebird

Guest tintmax

I did one last Week It was Camaro though, Same thing right. :lol

Ne way first I tried dry shrinking Bounce did'nt work, then I tried the gus's method. it worked.

I Wet the whole glass.

Lay the Film on Top.

Strated from the left Side.

Taking out the water.HOrizontally.

when iwas Done I saw three fingers on top.

I shrank em.

Then I prep the back glass.

I Slap the film on it.

when it was time to squeege I took me 45 mins.

FIrst I was squeegeing it WRong. Becuase at the bottom film was not sticking.

then I squeeged it the way I did it out side. started from the left bottom to the right. then It was Easy. AND IWAs HAPPY. :lol :lol

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Just did my first last night.

It was a 95 and didn't go nearly as smoothly as the TOTW suggested.

I did get 3 giant fingers and I tried to shrink them out and it didn't work. Finally I just ripped it off and threw it away and went with a dry shrink. Basically had to shrink the whole window. Took forever. Came out nicely though.

I guess I got the one that needed the hella shrink.

What I found odd was the drivers side window I shrank one finger. The passanger side window I shrank about 10 of them. /shrug

yulps I have ran into some that just go down like butter...key to stretching the bottom is to cut it very close to the black border...so you have less tint to try and manipulate....but I have ran into some that have had the back glass replaced at one time or another and they have always seemed to be the ones that fight me...

but I am :evileye so I always win

if one is really fighting you and u live in a hot enviroment....get it layed out flat and use some masking tape to hold the film downa nd let it sit outside while your at lunch...that will help too

Guest MaricopaTint

wow sounds like this one is going to be a hard one. Hope I dont get one with with a messed up glass. On the tip of the week after heating finger on low do u go over it with anything or just lift up and re wet. Also do you anchor it horizontal down the middle like normal for the wet shrink? Thank You all very much. You all probally just saved me hrs of time and frustration.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I haven't seen any comments on the brand of tint used. I'd really like to see somebody install 3M CS without shrinking it. Then I'll be a beliver. Hell I'll even peel my own tint off and do it again just for the hell of it.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I finally shrunk one in 1 piece. What helped me this time around was to only anchor (wet) the sides where it rolls down to the quarter panel, and don't anchor a horizontal line between. I think that helps to distribute the fingers between the top and bottom of the back glass. Does neone glue the matrix on these?

Guest tintmanlibby
Any tips on the back window. Doing one for the first time this Friday. Thanks

I put a little rubbing alcohal in my mix on the back window I feel it help's lock the bottom better that just me :shoot2

Archived