Tried out the Blade Lock I received from the raffle yesterday. Love this thing :thumb

Good strong magnets clipped nicely even to my thick leather pouch. Holds the blade nice and tight, but you do have to get used to placing it because the magnets are so strong. I had it in a "high traffic" area on my belt and noticed I would sometimes catch the blade on a tool and it would wind up in a precarious position. I switched it to the other side and flipped it upside down (as shown in pic). I can grab the blade easier, place it back on faster and l haven't caught the blade since.

This will definitely stay on my tool bag from now on and highly recommend this to anyone who uses the 1" blades. Even if you use a handled insert, you can keep a spare blade or hold the spent ones. Best of all it keeps it kept all blades accounted for, no more locking down the shop just to find a rogue razor.

Great product. Thanks again to Aaron for supporting TintDude and holding the raffles. :beer

A119A8BB-63FE-42AA-9005-E767220C17A9_zps

What is that material actually, and how do you like it? Looking for a good material for my appron idea.

It actually looks like a carpenters tool belt to me. I have one that is very similar and is leather.

Dang TE, that is an industrial strength apron. Looks like it took 3 or 4 cows to make it. :lol

:spit

What is that material actually, and how do you like it? Looking for a good material for my appron idea.

It actually looks like a carpenters tool belt to me. I have one that is very similar and is leather.

That's it, a carpenter's belt. Tried other tool belts and aprons and I always end up back to my old trusty leather one. It's massive, heavy, and way too many pockets but it's all about comfort for me. Spent too many years framing in one to give it up I suppose.

I use it for window/door installs, carpentry and flat glass. Don't use it for auto....too much metal hanging off it.

Archived