best brands for mobile car tinters

Hi,

Just wanted to know what others are using for car film as a mobile service?

I'm using HP Supreme and suntek - looking at 3M cs black as my next purchase

also what size rolls 20" 40" or 60"

Hey Brissy,

The only thing that springs to mind is the need for a film that has an agressive adhesive so that when you drive away, you don't have spears or curling.

I would suggest 40" in everything. This way you can split it centre to get 2 x 20" for the sides, also 40" will cover all rear screens and also many earth moving equipment and tractors. Also carry a 30" for your main 35% films.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

^^^^ yep what Gts and Ozi said. Ultragard all the way. Best tint on the market and the best people behind the brand. Mobile, shop, dealer, underwater, on the moon. Whatever and wherever if your not down with UG your nowhere

Hmmm, let me see....SunTek sell direct to Car Dealers, SolarGard sell direct to Car Dealers.

Both are wannabe Motor Nones in my books now and are taking the work from their own customers.

Screw them.

Stick with your 3M and your UltraGard Brissy.

Support those that support you.

As far as sizes go for mobile, 40s and 20 s will see you right most of the time.

A 36/24 split is also good if your supplier can do it.

Work with your supplier, a good supplier will make your business...I believe you already have one of the best.

Thanks Guys.

I'm completely overwhelmed with all your great friendly support and advice.

Will have a trial run with both 3M and UltraGuard films next week.

Doing a new Mazda 3 on Tuesday with a film VLT of 35%, so, I will do it in UltraGuard and see how it goes. I've heard 3M is a bit harder for a newbie. I've only done about 30 cars all up to date

Will post some pics once I'm done and let you guys see just how much this forum has helped me.

?does anyone trim on a piece of lino flooring? or do most use a glass wall?
I'm getting a perspex sheet on monday as my wet wall, but not sure if it's a good idea to trim on that, as it's meant to be my peel board

So glad it's not $1 for questions lol

Wishing everyone a top weekend.

Cheers

Oh, and the 3M Carbon is going to be MUCH thinner than you're used to with Supreme and SukTek, so be ready for it. Maybe test some out before committing to a roll. Some like it, some hate it.

I love it, but I'm a 10yrs+ seasoned CS Jedi master.. [emoji12]

Could of sworn you were a chewbacca :pirate

Archived