Oracal 8300 Removal

I am removing some headlight film off a friends truck......well trying to at least. Every bit of glue stay on the lens, nothing seems to be touching it. Any pointers here or is replacing/restoring the light my only options? 

He said he was almost positive it was Oracal 8300 that the guy tinted them with. Also wants to film them again if this stuff will come off without damaging the light. But I would be hesitant to stick the 8300 back on if it's this tough to take off only 2-3 yrs down the road. Any other films I should look at if we go that route?

Not in my comfort zone on this one. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer. 

I tinted my headlights about a 18 months ago with 8300 and you're right it was a pain to remove. I used a degreaser to remove the glue and polished the lenses with rubbing compound. I reapplied 8300 and it seems to be holding up so far. Hope this helps.

I tinted my headlights about a 18 months ago with 8300 and you're right it was a pain to remove. I used a degreaser to remove the glue and polished the lenses with rubbing compound. I reapplied 8300 and it seems to be holding up so far. Hope this helps.

Hey it's a start. Did you have to soak it for awhile? Thanks Steve, hope you are doing well down there. :beer

Archived