How long does it take you, really?

I know you guys are going to make fun of my old methods. But I can take a ton of vehicles apart and pull the windows out to tint them on a tint rack in about 1.5 hrs from start to finish. No gaps , no dirt. Been doing it for 12 years. Only bad part is being a car stereo shop and having a good amount of walk-ins and calls. I can only do about 4 cars

im guessing you break a lot of clips
:broken

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ No disrespect, but there are better ways to get no dirt and no light gaps. In the early 2000s I used to take the fronts out of 99 and up Silverados and Tahoes, but now I can't imagine why anything other than a hard seal window would be worth the time and effort. Even when doing a window on the table, there is gonna be a spec or 2. Its in the air. But, everyone has their ways so whatever works for you.

I pulled the quarters out of an Accord one time to avoid the radius cut in the back corner, looked great but getting it all back together without damaging the film was a chore. Never again.

I know you guys are going to make fun of my old methods. But I can take a ton of vehicles apart and pull the windows out to tint them on a tint rack in about 1.5 hrs from start to finish. No gaps , no dirt. Been doing it for 12 years. Only bad part is being a car stereo shop and having a good amount of walk-ins and calls. I can only do about 4 cars

Video or it didn't happen.

Guest matriXtints

Video or it didn't happen.

he forgot to press record before he went to sleep  :zzz

pfffft, yeah. that's a freaking joke. you know being delusional is a disease.... you should get some medication for that.

Guest nwamobiletint

To those who tuck, just be sure you're not inadvertently tucking the bottoms seal too. I've done a few redo's where the window was scratched up, only to find that the bottom seal never returned. I've even seen a couple that the top seal was still half tucked. Some customers never notice it.

On the ones I have tucked, I like to pull everything back before it leaves, but over the last couple yrs, if I don't pull the panels, I've found its safe and easy to guide the film under the top sweep without tucking, just a 1/4" or so is plenty. Safer method IMO :twocents

Wait wait wait I'm not talking about pushing the seal down. I'm talking about just pulling it back with an ez reach and tucking the film in. I think we're talking about two different things here. Yes pushing the seals down can be a bit of a problem.

Jh812 - I agree with you, I do the same method and works a dream on most cars. Some tight gaskets you need to pull but most of the time you just pull the seal (gasket) back and tuck it in with the ez reach. I'm glad you do the same it makes me feel a lot better.

To those who tuck, just be sure you're not inadvertently tucking the bottoms seal too. I've done a few redo's where the window was scratched up, only to find that the bottom seal never returned. I've even seen a couple that the top seal was still half tucked. Some customers never notice it.

On the ones I have tucked, I like to pull everything back before it leaves, but over the last couple yrs, if I don't pull the panels, I've found its safe and easy to guide the film under the top sweep without tucking, just a 1/4" or so is plenty. Safer method IMO :twocents

Wait wait wait I'm not talking about pushing the seal down. I'm talking about just pulling it back with an ez reach and tucking the film in. I think we're talking about two different things here. Yes pushing the seals down can be a bit of a problem.
Jh812 - I agree with you, I do the same method and works a dream on most cars. Some tight gaskets you need to pull but most of the time you just pull the seal (gasket) back and tuck it in with the ez reach. I'm glad you do the same it makes me feel a lot better.

I'm flattered.

So now I'm all confused. I always took "tucking" as meaning, sliding the film under the gasket, with say like an easy reach pulling the gasket back. Most seam to be saying its pushing the gasket down into the door.

So now I'm all confused. I always took "tucking" as meaning, sliding the film under the gasket, with say like an easy reach pulling the gasket back. Most seam to be saying its pushing the gasket down into the door.

I know it's cleared up by now, but I just wanted to add, you could say that there is tucking film, and there is tucking the seals. It seems like tucking the film is more popular these days and works good for most.

Archived