How long does it take you, really?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tinters that tuck all their side windows instead of removing door panels or the window sweep WILL have more comebacks for peeling ect... Guys that don't tape felts either will cause more contamination and if the customers picky it will results in more comebacks as well. All these little things that some tinters skip will always result in more time and money wasted in the long run, when all they really had to do was take the time to clean, prep and install the film properly the first time around. Some work I see out their just boggles my mind how they can even let that garbage leave their shop. :facepalm2   I can tell alot about a person by the quality of work they put out. They can be my wing man in a bar anytime, I would get the smoking hot girl while they pretty much take whatever they can get and aren't picky so i can pawn them off on the fat ugly friend haha

I'm just going to say i pull panels as needed. If i can tuck I'm going to. I've never had a single vehicle come back for peeling in ten years. I think some of you guys judgement on this method maybe a little off. I round all the corners and instruct the customer to not roll window down for two days. Maybe whoever you guys have seen doing this method had something wrong but "I" do not feel there is an advantage panel pulling in that sense.

I am learning to pull only on those cars where the seals are tight... I agree with JH here, but is just a matter of preference and years in the industry - I think most techs that are used to pull panels can and will do it fast - I learned in a time where 'tucking' is the norm and when you you are used to just do that, it becomes a complete routine, same as the other method. 

I have learned that not every car will be able to tuck without struggling a little bit, been there done that...  both methods are great and in my opinion acceptable as long as the end result is one of complete and perfect installation. 

I must add and once again agree with JH here, I have yet to have a car returning because the corners are peeling due to the 'tucking' method being used.  If you do not ensure those corners are flat, then I can see those come backs from the clients.

To those who tuck, just be sure you're not inadvertently tucking the bottoms seal too. I've done a few redo's where the window was scratched up, only to find that the bottom seal never returned. I've even seen a couple that the top seal was still half tucked. Some customers never notice it.

On the ones I have tucked, I like to pull everything back before it leaves, but over the last couple yrs, if I don't pull the panels, I've found its safe and easy to guide the film under the top sweep without tucking, just a 1/4" or so is plenty. Safer method IMO :twocents

To those who tuck, just be sure you're not inadvertently tucking the bottoms seal too. I've done a few redo's where the window was scratched up, only to find that the bottom seal never returned. I've even seen a couple that the top seal was still half tucked. Some customers never notice it.

On the ones I have tucked, I like to pull everything back before it leaves, but over the last couple yrs, if I don't pull the panels, I've found its safe and easy to guide the film under the top sweep without tucking, just a 1/4" or so is plenty. Safer method IMO :twocents

I am always aim for the same amount to tuck in... I have seen some that tuck almost 3/4'', that is asking for trouble every time.  With a 1/4'', the film just glides under with little to no effort often times.

Wait wait wait I'm not talking about pushing the seal down. I'm talking about just pulling it back with an ez reach and tucking the film in. I think we're talking about two different things here. Yes pushing the seals down can be a bit of a problem.

I am learning to pull only on those cars where the seals are tight... I agree with JH here, but is just a matter of preference and years in the industry - I think most techs that are used to pull panels can and will do it fast - I learned in a time where 'tucking' is the norm and when you you are used to just do that, it becomes a complete routine, same as the other method.

I have learned that not every car will be able to tuck without struggling a little bit, been there done that... both methods are great and in my opinion acceptable as long as the end result is one of complete and perfect installation.

I must add and once again agree with JH here, I have yet to have a car returning because the corners are peeling due to the 'tucking' method being used. If you do not ensure those corners are flat, then I can see those come backs from the clients.

As much as you're agreeing with me i think I'm gonna like you. Lol

I have learned that not every car will be able to tuck without struggling a little bit, been there done that... both methods are great and in my opinion acceptable as long as the end result is one of complete and perfect installation.

I must add and once again agree with JH here, I have yet to have a car returning because the corners are peeling due to the 'tucking' method being used. If you do not ensure those corners are flat, then I can see those come backs from the clients.

As much as you're agreeing with me i think I'm gonna like you. Lol

Is tintdude not Shakespeare lol.

Archived