ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Calling OUT ALL TINTDUDE MEMBERS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen this done by celebrities...but what does it actually do?  How does dumping a bucket of ice water create awareness, or push for more research for a cure?

Im not asking because I am insensitive to ALS.  My grandfather died of ALS in 94 when I was 14.  Watching the man deteriorate from it was disgusting.  I can't even put into words how catastrophic ALS is, and how it essentially takes all your motor functions away, attacking your body, paralyzes the you, ultimately leaving you to die.   Its like a venomous sting from a wasp to a another insect, but further drawn out time-wise.  He was wheel chair bound after only a couple months.  He died a little less than a year from diagnosis.  I hear that it is fatal within 2 years, but I think he ultimately accepted it, letting it take him quick.

I pray no one has to see what it does to someone you love or know.

I don't know about you, but I have received already $150 to donate to the cause, that should do something to help research.

What does walking for cancer does? Ask yourself, walking for diabetes? Or running a marathon for any other cause?

So here is the thing ALS is not a household name. A lot of people don't know what it is, which is where the ice water comes in. People dumping buckets of ice water on themselves is drawing a lot of attention it self. It's really not about the ice water nor the donation but more so the awareness to the ALS disease.

Archived