ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Calling OUT ALL TINTDUDE MEMBERS

MY heart goes out to any one with this or any other incurable disease.

I'm on the skeptical side when it comes to charities lately. When you look at how much they make and what they actually spend it on, it's surprising. Usually less than 5% is given -in their own words- to encourage research and raise awareness.

I'm not sure exactly how you purchase encouragement, but OK. Then you look at how much the owners and staff make....

And that's best case scenario, is other cases it turns out the money went to a completely different and objectionable cause.

Oh and what if the disease actually got cured? Some pretty big businesses would be out of business overnight, it's not in their interest to actually find a cure.

I don't know, just skeptical I suppose.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect every one's opinion mine is this . You can do Good to any one if it is your will, no need for this kind of publicity just to be seen . At this very instant pobably some one needs help just around the corner, and it is not about money but kindness.

I agree with Ric, and Saul. 

Along the lines of Saul's comment - if this brings awareness to ASL, and because of it you come across someone who has it, do an act of kindness towards that person. That will go much further then anything else... IMO. 

I have learned about ALS just recently, I have been seeing a lot of doctors lately and have had a lot of tests done, MRI 2 of them and scheduling a 3rd at the moment, an EMG has been done as well, the last visit was with a  Doctor in Physical medicine and rehabilitation and spinal cord injury medicine, he wants me to see a Neurologist to rule out neurologic motor neuron disease disorder , ALS itself is a motor neuron disease.

One thing for sure is that I will have neck surgery again for cervical stenosis and fusion, could be months or years.

I am not letting it bring me down, however the waiting sucks.

I have learned about ALS just recently, I have been seeing a lot of doctors lately and have had a lot of tests done, MRI 2 of them and scheduling a 3rd at the moment, an EMG has been done as well, the last visit was with a  Doctor in Physical medicine and rehabilitation and spinal cord injury medicine, he wants me to see a Neurologist to rule out neurologic motor neuron disease disorder , ALS itself is a motor neuron disease.

One thing for sure is that I will have neck surgery again for cervical stenosis and fusion, could be months or years.

I am not letting it bring me down, however the waiting sucks.

:(

MY heart goes out to any one with this or any other incurable disease.

I'm on the skeptical side when it comes to charities lately. When you look at how much they make and what they actually spend it on, it's surprising. Usually less than 5% is given -in their own words- to encourage research and raise awareness.

I'm not sure exactly how you purchase encouragement, but OK. Then you look at how much the owners and staff make....

And that's best case scenario, is other cases it turns out the money went to a completely different and objectionable cause.

Oh and what if the disease actually got cured? Some pretty big businesses would be out of business overnight, it's not in their interest to actually find a cure.

I don't know, just skeptical I suppose.

I respect every one's opinion mine is this . You can do Good to any one if it is your will, no need for this kind of publicity just to be seen . At this very instant pobably some one needs help just around the corner, and it is not about money but kindness.

:yeah For me, I've never understood America's obsession with causes.

I watched my friend dye from ALS... terrible disease. I hope you are OK Tom.

So many causes out there for so many problems, how do you bail out a ship with a Dixie Cup? :krazy:wall:dunno

I'm fine Rob, I think Mike may be the one with a possible medical issue. .. Hopefully not.

I watched my friend dye from ALS... terrible disease. I hope you are OK Tom.

So many causes out there for so many problems, how do you bail out a ship with a Dixie Cup? :krazy:wall:dunno

I'm fine Rob, I think Mike may be the one with a possible medical issue. .. Hopefully not.

Whoops, sorry misread it. Mike I sincerely hope all is well. :beer

Archived