Hardest boat window ever

Guest Yourmomtints

Guest Yourmomtints

So I've been tinting for 3 years and just got on some boats, now a lot of them have really gnarly curved windows which on most I can usually figure out... Until I ran into the tigé! Dudes this thingies a one piece extreme curve and also bubbles slightly from top to bottom, I've tried wet shrinking, dry shrinking with a fabric softener sheet and even did a combination of the 2. Still have not been able to get it up to my standards... So my question is if anyone has tips on cutting the film or the angle the film needs to be on the glass in order to shrink. Should I pull shrink? Pop shrink? Idk anymore I'm desperate!! Someone please help this job has to be done in like 8 hrs

Get some help to remove the window feom the frame. That's the only way to get it done cleanly. Even if you get it shrunk on the outside. The shape changes so much, it will not fit just right on the inside and you will have lightgaps here and there. Also probably be trimming in spots. Last one I priced for $600 and got out of doing.

Archived