Successful installs with Pro Series?

No - 3M made me laugh.  They gave me the 1st version material and said new stuff was comin.  Go figure! I really could not believe it.  I guess it was on a list and he completed the list.  right or wrong.. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda discouraged to hear your observations. What solution were you using on your rep's hood? What model is it? I have someone with a Touareg that is willing to be a guinea pig and I'll report my findings to my rep, as well as on here. I don't like leading people down the wrong path, so I'm a bit skeptical about anything new.

No non-disclosure here.

Rep would like a detailed report of any issues. Sounds like I should expect some, I guess.

Protectmyvhicle: did you use the "recommended" solution mixture? And did that include distilled or tap water? Was it a vehicle with character to the front end, or something simple like a 3 series? Did you precut, or bulk roll it?

Guys....The rep mentioned there were adhesive issues with the original Pro and a newer version of the adhesive was coming out next month.    

As mentioned I tested the material on the rep's Chevy Traverse with him there? just on just the hood..no stretching just squeegee the flat section...you could see the squeegee lines....which disappear after a while...these did not...not even 2 days later. A month later I had spoken to another installer in the mid west and they just had issues with the adhesive.  Also found the orginial Pro does not like IPA and also was not tested in warm environments...what ever that means.....Bottom line I will hold off until they have new product.  Have fun and enjoy the slip. :)

"not tested in warm environments" we were told we had to wait sooo long because of the extensive testing of this film. So far the adhesive needs revisiting and protectmyvehicle has been told it hasn't been tested in warm environments.  :facepalm2  :facepalm2

Archived