1994 f150 fml!

Guest 94turboteggy621

Guest 94turboteggy621

So i tinted a 1994 f150 rear window and side back windows..the sides obv were a joke..super easy...but that back window...omg i pulled my hair out...twice...the first time i did it i wasn't sure how to cut it from the outside because the inside window seal is higher on the inside and can't be tucked in the inside..so I cut from the outside bring it in and trim it as best as I can..it didnt come out that well but was not super super bad...but then of course as I was going over the whole thing the edge of one my tools rips it...peeled it off and started again and this time it creased in the middle and i had huge air bubbles everywhere...i magnged to get it out but the crease is still there it's not super bad...but dam...im GONA stay away from windows like this for awhile I think..DEFF lost some money from this...not happy...kinda discouraged...any tips on this truck...? Is it a hard truck to do so i don't feel like an asshole for fuking it up? Any feedback would be great... :/

Click out one click of your olfa. Trim the inside rubber before you do anything. Now cut the pattern on the outside. Prep the inside after you've trimmed just a little bit of rubber. Install making sure the top and sides have no light. Let the bottom hang over slightly if needed. Squeegee out the entire window except the bottom 3-4". Beginning at one end push the film down and into the gasket. Now with only a click out on your olfa trim the bottom. Now squeegee out the bottom. Wrap some paper towels around a PVC bondo or a hard card. Now blot out the entire window. Check on the outside to make sure you don't have any contamination. If it's minimal heat it up and mash it in with a chizzler.

I throw these turds over the fence to other tinters . Customers usually can't understand why I charge 2x the amount for an old beater like that compared to a new truck with " the same amount of tint used"

Answer : I'd rather tint 2 new trucks than one old one with the vents and old hard plastic sliders anyday of the week.

I don't miss the days when day in / day out I did tons of those old Ford trucks and pre 88 chevs when they were new

Guest 94turboteggy621

I raise the bottom of the film a 1/4 of an inch or so on the outside. Cut the top and sides. I also trim the inside a bit, not much. But usually There is a minimal gap on the bottom and it installs nicely on the sides and top with no gap.

So you trim outside first...leave the clear on bring it inside as if you were installing and trim more then when it feels right peel the clear and install?

You guys don't pull the b/g out to tint it? It a gasket set which is cake to pull out and tint with the gasket off then reinstall, clean and no headache. Pull up a video on YouTube I'm sure there is one of r&i on a gasket back glass. Once you learn to take the glass out you'll kick yourself for tinting it in the truck IMO.

I raise the bottom of the film a 1/4 of an inch or so on the outside. Cut the top and sides. I also trim the inside a bit, not much. But usually There is a minimal gap on the bottom and it installs nicely on the sides and top with no gap.

So you trim outside first...leave the clear on bring it inside as if you were installing and trim more then when it feels right peel the clear and install?
The goal on any install is to NOT have any light gaps. At least when I'm tinting.

Guest 94turboteggy621

The goal on any install is to NOT have any light gaps. At least when I'm tinting.

Ohh ok I see what u mean now you trim the gasket inside the car then go outside cut it and shrink it and stuff..makes sense seeing how the plastic covers the molding when it's done...

Archived