Bmw Audi just stuck it why remove trims extra work

This is what I don't understand.... Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always thought it was much much easier to do a high quality job by pulling and popping trims. From what I understand anyway that's why we panel pullers do it? Because it makes a high quality job easier to accomplish?
and the trims are piss easy

I never pull door panels off unless suoer tight like lexus is250 there's only a handful of cars you should remove trims i think so tinters are just taking extra proportion can get clean Job from tucking wipe everything with wet rag problem solved

As a benchmark - 1 X5 panel is worth $2700AUD - do not discount your work for the risk you are taking on 

Hey Hooli,

100% correct IMO..

We have worked for many years to try and perfect our skills. Many of us have had to overcome some amazing challenges to finally get our heads above water.

I just can not understand why quality focused and experienced tinters still try and price match and price themselves so they just survive.

There is a huge short fall of quality tinters right now, and that will increase over the next few years. Now is the time to get our prices set so that we can not just survive, but grow and set ourselves up for the future.

People, dealers, etc.. need quality window tinters, more than we need them. It's time we started to make our industry a great industry to be involved in.

Time to bring some respect to the industry and create a positive and professional impression to the public.

Rant over.

As a benchmark - 1 X5 panel is worth $2700AUD - do not discount your work for the risk you are taking on

Hey Hooli,

100% correct IMO..

We have worked for many years to try and perfect our skills. Many of us have had to overcome some amazing challenges to finally get our heads above water.

I just can not understand why quality focused and experienced tinters still try and price match and price themselves so they just survive.

There is a huge short fall of quality tinters right now, and that will increase over the next few years. Now is the time to get our prices set so that we can not just survive, but grow and set ourselves up for the future.

People, dealers, etc.. need quality window tinters, more than we need them. It's time we started to make our industry a great industry to be involved in.

Time to bring some respect to the industry and create a positive and professional impression to the public.

Rant over.

Rant over?

Keep it up my friend.

We need many more rants just like this one.

I get phone calls from yobbos every day wanting a scum bucket price on a feral pos ride.

The reason I tell them to EAD is because I am so heavily booked doing quality work at quality prices for quality people.

There are MANY customers that appreciate this.

Geez, now you've got me sounding like Devil. :lol

Hey Guys, I got the whole car done in just under 3 hours - not that I was racing, but taking my time, pulling the top of the trim and removing the gasket was a breeze. Behind the door lock button panel on the actual door - top towards the front on each door, pop that off - one t-25 screw and that's it. ran the heat gun over the two front windows to shrink back a little as well.

Rear Screen Brake light removal was fairly typical of a BMW. 22" from top to bottom for a heads up on window sizes.

I've included an extra cleaning step as well now - I am running the razor over the outside of all windows before I even cut out. - think this solves a lot of transferred hard to see contamination from the car to the peel board.

Results were rewarding - really clean installs.

Once again Fella's  - I take my hat off to you all.

:chuck

Archived