"smart film" has anyone used it?

Just wondering if anyone has used this type of film yet. It changes from frost to clear with voltage? Had a call on it and trying to research it. I have heard longevity is in question and the company I called didnt answer questions about warranty nor would give much info. I felt like they thought I was a competitor.

Just wondering if anyone has used this type of film yet. It changes from frost to clear with voltage? Had a call on it and trying to research it. I have heard longevity is in question and the company I called didnt answer questions about warranty nor would give much info. I felt like they thought I was a competitor.

You might be refering to electrochromic films.

Most are made-in-china

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=electrochromic+films

Just wondering in general of any brand, longevity, warranty? Ease of installation.

My customer referred me to that site. I gave them a quote and they were offended at the installed price. They also seemed surprised that I hadn't installed any before.

At that price I wouldn't expect many to buy it.

Just wondering in general of any brand, longevity, warranty? Ease of installation.

My customer referred me to that site. I gave them a quote and they were offended at the installed price. They also seemed surprised that I hadn't installed any before.

At that price I wouldn't expect many to buy it.

From where i am from, I have not really heard of any tinters being involved in such products. Electrochromic products should be considered part of glass-glaziers' business scope.

Archived