help with peanuts

Hi guys. I know this has been beaten to death loads of times, and I have spent hours reading up on it, but I keep getting peanuts on EVERY rear screen, they range from around 1/2 inch to 1 & 1/2 inch long. and are ALWAYS in the top corners.

using llumar At  but also had the problem with suntek carbon and llumar atc

up to yet I have tried:

wet shrink

dry shrink with dryer sheet

dry shrink with soap

shrinking with felt squeegee

shrinking with heat glove

wire wool

a variety of solution ratios

heating the film once installed with heat gun and trying to push them out

leaving defrosters on

im currenty using Fairy dish soap as slip as this is what I was trained with  ( im awaiting on tint slime to be delivered)

when dry shrinking it looks perfectly formed to the window with no excess. I may be over shrinking but unsure how to know ?

the peanuts are not just on the defrosters. and all dry out after a few weeks.

ive tried to give as much info as I can any more ideas would be great

much appreciated - Dan

One thing you can try is what they call the "Ryker Method" Do a search using the button on the upper right hand corner of the screen. To avoid peanuts, do not shrink the film wet, use either dryer sheet or soap. You may also be trying to shrink the film too fast. Turn the heat setting down some if you can. When shrinking the film, do not concentrate on one area only, pass the heat gun back and forth and instead of shrinking on the finger, shrink slightly below or above the finger depending on what part of the back glass you are trying to shrink. I prefer to use a teflon hard card when smoothing out the film but there shouldn't be much issues if you decide to use a glove. And what is this "Fairy" dish soap? I have never heard of it. Sounds like something they would use in jail.  :lol  Good Luck! :thumb

how does the film look when if you simply pull it off the glass?  If it is all wavy then you are more likely to have problems.  I really need to post pictures or get Flatrockstan to post some he has of the back windows that I shrink.  When you lift the film there is very little distortion that you can see. 

The over / under gun method, Ryker Method, Ryk Shrink,  just makes the film shrink so much better and smoother.

how does the film look when if you simply pull it off the glass?  If it is all wavy then you are more likely to have problems.  I really need to post pictures or get Flatrockstan to post some he has of the back windows that I shrink.  When you lift the film there is very little distortion that you can see. 

The over / under gun method, Ryker Method, Ryk Shrink,  just makes the film shrink so much better and smoother.

Ryker, do you remember if I recorded that day with a video camera or a phone? Will look for it.

You guys learn this and you will be rockin without peanuts IMO. Global QDP makes jobs easier with the fast high tack adhesive.

Cheers

Stan

Stan, you had your SLR camera the first time we met and you did a lot of pics.  Not sure if you did video or not.  I am pretty sure there have been pics of the final piece but I don't know for certain.  Have to make sure it happens when we do the video next time.

Archived