Cheap decent quality wrapping film...

Hi all,

Ok, usually I am the first to dismiss the cheaper films but recently I have been thinking whether I should offer a lesser quality wrap film to lower prices for people that cant afford the bees knees. Much like the tint world where there is always a cheaper option and the chance to upsell.

The reason I am thinking of this is my area has a lower average car price, this means they are less likely to spend that extra money on a wrap. Not an issue if you live in cities with lots of high class cars/ super cars. We get a lot of requests but not bites from those with 'normal priced' cars, I think to myself would they have bitten if I had a cheaper option.

I am also noticing that there msut be a lot of wrap shops that do use the lesser quality wraps, see a lot of satin/ matte chrome wraps and other colours that definitely aren't in the market leaders range, these are also being installed on supercars so the potential issues for removability etc cant be too bad.

So for me to explore it further I am looking for advice on:

- A Manufacturer that does decent wrap material for a cheaper price

- Air egress / slideability

- Proven advanced ageing testing and removability testing (still don't want to ruin peoples paint)

Any help would be appreciated.

I have wondered the same about availability here in the states? I have only used Avery and 3M, but i am tempted to try a film from a company called KK Label. I saw them at SEMA last year and film seemed ok, didn't actually get to try and install it on demo car like n other booths. They are definitely lower cost, but i'm not willing to sacrifice quality, easy or installation or longevity 

Thats been my biggest concern either, they would definitely come with a waiver/disclaimer that the customer is of the understanding that there is no guarentee to the quality of the vinyl in the longevity/remove ability department. Would look to install with the same quality but dont want that quality of install to be compramised by the ease of use of a cheaper vinyl. I dont like hexis due to it not being as easy to install as 3M and Avery so i can imagine a cheaper vinyl would annoy the hell out of me. Lower price for the customer materials wise could be voided by the extra install time.

Just see that there are many other wrap companies worldwide that must be using them with success and they are not afraid to use it on super cars either....

I receive that many spam emails a month from cheap chinese manufacturers offering 'top of the line' vinyl. These emails get filed straight to junk but the odd few i have enquired about are willing to give free swatches and a A4 sample as long as i pay a 35USD shipping charge, sounds like a scam or companies that arent keen to really push it by taking a hit to send a swatch book.. most recent one is www.sunswrap.com

Very True but again it is being sold to the customer as a lower grade film and protected by a waiver with those terms in it to protect against such.

Also I am after a mid range film that has been tried and tested rather than one of the many chinese films I get email spam about. I may have found something in the way of http://vvividvinyl.com/ they seem to have a big facebook following with their product being wrapped on many cars and a lot of supercars. They can also back their product up with specifications/technical sheets which again is the sign of a decent company.

Is it as good as it appears? soon to find out as will order a roll to test, but the more I look at their site, their marketing and their facebook, it all very legit and I am actually very excited to test it.

Basically I am looking for it to open more doors then those that can afford expensive vinyl. The key is for the customer to know they are getting a mid range vinyl to begin with and again protect yourself with a waiver. If they cant afford the expensive wrap then they know what they are getting into if it fails. As always its in the sell and the information you give the customer to protect yourself and as always do it in writing!

two options for a customer, Entry Level and Top level wrap. That gives your business more chance to earn money.....unless your lucky enough to be in a heavily populated area with many high class / supercars that are putting food in your mouth...adapt adapt adapt...

Archived