cancellations

There really isn't a fool proof formula for this. I just about plead with my customers to cancel beforehand, some do but about 90% of customers that aren't going to show, don't call. What I do is that at the time of booking I inform them off my cancellation policy. This is my speech "If you need to cancel or reschedule I ask you inform me as soon as you find out so I can free up my schedule. My cancellation policy is that if you do need to cancel or reschedule I need to know latest the prior day to your appt by the end of busn day. In your case it'll be (ex) Monday by 6:00. If I don't get ample cancellation time and you don't show up to your appt then to get another appt you will have to come in and prepay and there is a $30 no show fee." PAIN IN THE A** EVERY TIME!

But customers get it. Then I still confirm the appt at the end of the prior day, if they don't answer then I text them and I'll inform them that if I don't hear back from them in X amount of time them I can't guarantee the appt. I'll try for about 1.5hrs 2-3 times. If I don't hear from them most likely is going to be a no show. I track the customer by the phone number and car. I never tell a customer that wants to get in on a day that I am booked I can't do it. I tell them that the only way is if someone cancels or leaves me standing. Then I give them the option to be on stand by or to leave their car and I'll try to do it but not guaranteed.

It really is a lot of work, but I have reduced loosing time. Most no show customers don't come, but that's the riff raff I don't want. I have a solid reputation in town, so I know whom ever they go to, they will not get the level of quality they would have gotten with me.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

Archived