Not all "ceramic" or "nano" films are created equal�

Just because you use the word "Ceramic" or "Nano" in the name of your window film does not mean you have the same technology as other films. Not all window films are created equal. See the struggles and improvements we have dealt with over the years as out products have improved. Enjoy the video. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carbon particles love to form C-C bonds... I learned that in chemistry class back in the day. It's pretty cool all of the different stuff that can result from different carbon chains... Diamonds to graphite and much more.

So as Ralph demonstrated the challenge for film mfg's is breaking up the marriage and controlling the coating on the particle because that too can refract visible wavelengths and cause haze. Interestingly a lot of manufactures have a haze factor in numerical form that they monitor and try to stay under a certain percentage. It is getting better as illustrated.  

Carbon in a refined form is nice, it's black which is good for color, it can be refined down to small nano-scale particles with a little work. The only drawback I have seen is that carbon is "organic" and prone to breaking down as organic materials naturally do unless it gets changed to an oxide or other element combination. It would be interesting to post your 1,000 hr QUV and ZA comparative results Ralph. :thumb

Carbon particles love to form C-C bonds... I learned that in chemistry class back in the day. It's pretty cool all of the different stuff that can result from different carbon chains... Diamonds to graphite and much more.

So as Ralph demonstrated the challenge for film mfg's is breaking up the marriage and controlling the coating on the particle because that too can refract visible wavelengths and cause haze. Interestingly a lot of manufactures have a haze factor in numerical form that they monitor and try to stay under a certain percentage. It is getting better as illustrated.

Carbon in a refined form is nice, it's black which is good for color, it can be refined down to small nano-scale particles with a little work. The only drawback I have seen is that carbon is "organic" and prone to breaking down as organic materials naturally do unless it gets changed to an oxide or other element combination. It would be interesting to post your 1,000 hr QUV and ZA comparative results Ralph. :thumb

I had installed a sample of pana flex on my daily driver windshield. I liked working with the film, loved the way it looked and was pleasantly surprised at how much heat rejection I could feel.

That being said, I'm not a gambler and my business reputation is very important to me. I decided to not move forward with flex film because the company is young and doesn't have a "proven" film. That being said I only have and only will sell films that have a proven track record and can withstand the test of time.

Good luck to you Ralph.

I had installed a sample of pana flex on my daily driver windshield. I liked working with the film, loved the way it looked and was pleasantly surprised at how much heat rejection I could feel.

That being said, I'm not a gambler and my business reputation is very important to me. I decided to not move forward with flex film because the company is young and doesn't have a "proven" film. That being said I only have and only will sell films that have a proven track record and can withstand the test of time.

Good luck to you Ralph.

6 years experience and you already know what films work? I have worked with the bigger name films and seen it go to crap in as little as 2 years. 

1. The half-life of a radioactive isotope describes the amount of time that it takes half of the isotope in a sample to decay. In the case of radiocarbon dating, the half-life of carbon 14 is 5,730 years.-------  I have been researching the decay of carbon.  It takes a very long time for it to break down.  I am not trying to be funny but when a mummy is discovered in Egypt, scientist can tell how old it is by carbon dating.  They do not test the dye in the bandages.  I think the dye is gone after several thousand years.  The carbon is still there.  Carbon decays at a steady, predicable rate.  That is how carbon dating is so accurate.  I do not believe that the break down of carbon will be influenced in a QUV and ZA test.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I will consult with some PhD's that know a heck of a lot more than me and get back. 

Archived