Is this much exposed window edge ok?

Had my car done the other day, since you can't roll down the windows for a day or so I didn't notice but is this ok? (See pic) there's like a 1/8", maybe a tad more, of exposed glass along the top edge of the window where the tint ends. I've had a few cars, all of which have been tinted and they all had the tint run pretty much right up to the edge....am I mistaken? Is this a normal thing? Cause not sure if I should go back and have it re-done....thanks for any input.aad43e2946980d563450df01ac8a5b47.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much gap for my taste. I go as close to the edge as possible. Looks better in my opinion. 
These are how my top edges look

18306702284_fa97924aa0_c.jpg

18932147071_e5fbebb132_c.jpg

As for the rest of the vehicle you mentioned. I would take your vehicle back to them and express your concerns of the tint job. 

Any respectable tint shop/installer will not let any job leaving the shop in any condition such as "several hairs and bubbles" 

:beer

The gap could have been better IMO... That big speck--- right where the outline of the tree branches is--- that's a re-do :yep

Lol yep I saw that after I took and posted that pic. I looked at it zoomed in and I saw it, there's another lol. So there's about 7 like that throughout. Plus I never mentioned the level to which he butchered the little triangle window. I know I know it's the dumbest window ever and I personally wouldn't of even tried without removing trim, a-pillars and such. He should have offered to just wrap those in black like the guy I took it to today.

So long story short....I ended up taking it back to the guy that installed it today and had him remove it all. I humbly showed him the points of interest and he was totally cool about and offered a redo on the windows with flaws. But I told him i couldn't today, just take it off and we'll work out a time to come back. He was fine with that and we shot the shat and he steamed it off. I left no hard feelings and decided to just eat that tint job and chock it up to learning.

Took to a highly rated guy in town, explained my situation and expressed my concerns and told him what I wanted. He delivered on a stellar tint job, SunTek Carbon XP all the way around, 70% on the windshield and 40% on the 4 doors and back hatch. And on those little triangle windows he said we can either leave em, since they let in less light than a key hole, or I can wrap it in gloss black. So went with the latter. Everything looks perfect! If there's a speck here and one or two micro bubbles, no worries, but I'm yet to find any. He gave me the film and the workmanship that my new car deserved [emoji6] So if anyone is in Western NC stop by Sun Kool Tint in Hickory, NC and talk to Eric.

Take care all, thanks for the wisdom [emoji106] took a few pics real quick to show ya'll....hope you enjoy!

856dddb32b47dd8f875c92aa2b93e038.jpg8724e5030eb555cf91bb3d8a8ff4cfb2.jpgdf70e1f64438c333af9b5c4afb7e1ccb.jpg

I wish I could nit pick all your work.

come on your not perfect all the time. Not saying its good but you'll not that perfect .i no that I'm.

always throwing jobs under the caboose.like were the tint police.that job sucks that would neaver leave my shop.maybe don't be a azz customer think that these jerk offs have the wright to judges..you get the tint just enjoy the work.good or great.the guy can't do the two front windows is worse then a little gap.did you pay for tint the car or not.so don't tell people to go to some place that doesn't even finish the job.come on you must be an azz .or did already state that.

Archived