Camaro back glass Ryker!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wet. Clean the outside first and then spray it down with you slip solution and place the film on the outside as normal. After doing your rough cut, try pushing as much of the fingers to the top edge. To help some, lift the film up some from the bottom of the back glass, you will see that while trying to lay the film flat, the bottom edge is going to lift up some. Leave it be, that is the area you are going to stretch in place. 

So..... The camaro was a no go today, but fortunately the owner is a good buddy of mine so ill be back at it tomorrow. I got super close and for a rookie tinter i was very satisfied with my attempts. The first time i tried with little to no heat on the bottom. When i tried to install with a reverse roll the bottom was bunching up with big fingers and i could not get them out without creasing. The second time was a big improvement. I actually did heat the bottom pocket and started from the middle and pushed all the fingers outwards with my hand and the shrink was very successful. Now for the install... Reverse roll went reAl well but still come bunching up on the bottom to where i creased it. I didnt have a good technique when squeeging because that was my first time doin a window like that, but i am confident that i will get it on my next couple of tries. Thanks for the help guys and Ocala! Input anyone....?!

No "ryker method" shrink on this window. I do shrink the bottom part of the middle. It can be done without shrinking that part but u found it laid out better if I did.

Completely wet shrink. Cut out, reverse roll, then roll on the tint.

Archived